1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus news direct from Keno60

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dewey089, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Went down to Bus center asked about 15 day pass it is all access! I asked 2x and looked at the machine outside the center and it said all access! I did not try to use 24 hr. res. on the strip. I was able to purchase a 5 day at the Walgreens downtown and they said they would sell them till they ran out! I questioned and they said " if it doesn't work bring it back". from Keno60
    This sounds like all good news.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rtc passes

dewy- i got the rtc pocket guide sept 30 and it states 15 day pass $34 $17 reduced fare
    30 day pass $65 $32.50 reduced fare are residential passes valid on strip and downtown express and duece with local nevada id and cannot be purchased on vehicles.
    30 and 15 day residential full and reduced fare all access passes now available at these stores albertsons
    7/11
    walgreens
    marianas supermarkets.

just an observation the strip 2hr pass looks poor value at $6 compared to 24hr
    at $8.
    all of this is quoted from the pocket guide. hope it helps.:wink2::beer::beer:

3. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There always seem to be two sets of rules in play, what the RTC prints on line and in that guide and what is actually the case.
    Last year it was the 5 day pass that was all access without local ID although it did not promise to be that in any published place.
    This year Keno60 is saying that an interview with clerks at the BTC indicates that the 15 day pass is all access without local ID just as the 5 day pass was all access last year without the need for local ID.
    (The 30 day is pretty unambiguously all access as the online version of the guide does star that option as all access, including the senior 30 day pass.)

Slowly, as folks talk to the RTC in person and continue to ask this question, we will get the actual rule being practiced.
    Keno60 did that this week. Others will do that as time goes along. So far all the news is good news for senior tourists who would take a huge hit if all access went away for them on the longer passes. The 15 day as you mention, goes for $17 (for qualified seniors) while buying 5 of the 3 day strip passes would cost $100. In fact, just one 3 day strip pass is three dollars more than the 15 day all access pass for qualified seniors.

4. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pass this along, I was asked for my senior pass when I put a dollar in the WAX and said reduced fare. They had officers checking passes at the bus stop for the WAX, SDX near Binions.:wave:

5. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Know they have a bus employee helping the tourists at that stop, it was some black woman with an attitude, it was pretty amusing to watch as I sat there waiting for the wax last trip. Didn't see anyone checking passes though, at least with the wax,there's nothing to check, people pay cash or swipe their card(which beeps), no geezers either, thus the local reduced fee angle didn't apply.

6. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    checking

i saw rtc emplowee checking at wynn for tickets on sdx-oct 01:wink2::beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.