1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus from rent a car center

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by breadman, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breadman

breadman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a city bus from the rent a car center to the strip.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure, but you could always take the shuttle back to the airport and catch a bus there.

Christmas
  3. Champster1

Champster1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Just curious. Why??

March Madness...here I come !!
  4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if this is the OP's case but I know some people who rent a car for a day or two, then return it and go back to their hotel.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done this. Car for two days then back to the rental center, shuttle back to McCarran, then the Wax to downtown. Looking back, even though a rental at a downtown hotel is much more expensive, the time wasted was not worth it. I wouldn't do it again.

Christmas
  6. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no clue if there is a shuttle or a bus that will take you to mid strip, there is however a cab line. If you want to go the cheap route i guess you can take the bus back to the airport and take a shuttle from there.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, usually I would rent a car from advantage at MSS for a day or two but lately I've been more comfortable just renting a car my whole stay. That way I can just get in by plane, take the shuttle to pick up the car at the rental center, drive anywhere I want and return it when I leave for the airport.

I used to take the boyd vacations Hawaiian charters but the price went up (and they also charge for luggage now). I would also have to pay the single fee (almost $75 to $100 more) so lately I found it cheaper to just book my own flight/hotel and rent a car. usually if I wait I can get a vegas flight for under $450, rooms at $45 a night. It is so much less than paying over $900 for the boyd chargers nowadays although it doesn't include meals that the charter provides. But then I usually don't spend a lot for food in vegas.

8. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The RTC's South Strip Transfer Terminal is on Gillespie, a little over a half mile north of the rental car center. Many bus routes converge there. It's walkable, depending on weather and one's desire/ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.