1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffets and desserts

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by CujoQuarrel, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CujoQuarrel

CujoQuarrel Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time poster

Headed to Vegas in June with a friend. We are both diabetic.

Which buffet has the largest selection of sugar free desserts? At one time when I went several (like 10) years ago the Mirage had a wonderful selection and I was wondering if it was still that way or if there were any other places we should consider.

I did find this place http://www.mrs-williams.com/nutritional-info/ which I think might be a good candidate for a look see. Any one been there?

2. dalemccl

dalemccl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Wynn buffet has a good selection of sugar-free desserts, although some of them aren't low carb. For example, they have very good sugar-free pecan pie, but the crust appears to be regular high-carb flour based. I just eat the filling and the pecans and skip the crust. I've only been there for dinner so I don't know if they have the same selections at lunch.

The Spice Market buffet in Planet Hollywood has sugar-free desserts at lunch and dinner, but you have to ask for them. You ask an attendant behind the counter in the dessert area and they put together a plate of small servings of 4 or 5 different sugar-free desserts. You don't get to choose what you get. However, they were tasty.

I tried the Bellagio lunch buffet in Oct. 2011 and was disappointed in the selection of sugar-free desserts. Nothing very interesting. Maybe the selection is better at dinner(?).

As with anything that doesn't have nutritional info available, it's hard to know how many grams of carbs are in any of the "sugar-free" desserts.

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Dad is diabetic, and he always raves about the Mirage sugar free desert buffet, he was there about a year ago....
    not sure if that helps much as it may have changed.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.