1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet Questions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ByteMe, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ByteMe

ByteMe Newbie

Dec 9, 2013
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I'm glad that I just found this site late last night, as I've already garnered much useful information simply by reading others' posts. Although I used to visit Atlantic City regularly when I lived in NYC in the late 70's - early 80's, and I've also stayed in Tahoe a few times on ski trips, there is simply no substitute for Las Vegas! What a great destination to go with family and friends -- or even by yourself when you just want to get away for a few days. Unfortunately, I've only been able to venture to LV fewer than a dozen times in the past 30 years, staying mostly downtown. Although, opportunities have been rare, I find myself about to embark next week on my 3rd trip to the Golden Nugget since early this October!

My poker buddies suspect that perhaps I've turned into a gambling addict, but I had to convince them that if anything, as a food junkie, I'm more of a Vegas buffet addict. Yep, I relish hours of low-limits Texas Hold'em by day (with the accompanying slew of cocktails) and then buffet grazing by night (followed by more poker, of course). It must've been from watching too many programs on the food channels or travel channels about the wonders of various Vegas buffets because my new mission in life is to discover the best buffets in town and rate as many of them personally. (I've seen several of the "Top 10" lists, and frankly, there's no rhyme or reason to some of them.)

Anywho, I believe that I found the crown jewel of my Tour of Buffets on my last trip during end-Oct/early Nov, and as soon as I got back home to Dallas I immediately began plotting a return trip to Bally's Sterling Brunch sometime in early 2014. However, there was some question of whether Sterling Brunch would even be around in 2014, once BLT moves into what is now Bally's Steakhouse, where this Sunday brunch is held. Consequently, I decided to move my trip up to next week so that I would be sure to catch the Sterling Brunch at least one more time!

Does anybody have any updates re: Bally's Sterling Brunch closing date or continuation? Also, I'd be interested to hear from other members as to which LV buffets would be included on their "Top 10" list, as well as which ones to not waste my time on...

Thanks, that's all for now. Cheers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.