1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet of buffets--all in one day

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by RCNYC, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCNYC

RCNYC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried/succeeded in using their buffet of buffets pass for all the buffets in one 24 hour period?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't imagine that many people would want to eat at 7 different buffets in a days time unless it's just to say that you did. Some of the buffets are pretty popular and the wait times to get in could be a bit much, especially if you planned on going to another one a few hours later. Throw in the additional fee for Caesars and the Rio Seafood buffet too.

I could see doing 1 for late dinner, another for breakfast the next day, another for an early light lunch, a fourth for an early dinner, and a fifth for a late dinner. To do all 7? That's a lot of running around, in my opinion.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of them? Really? No way. We do a late dinner the 1st nite (starving after the travel)....then a lite breakfast and late lunch the next. End with a dinner buffet just before the 24 hours are up. Am Diamond and can bypass the long lines. By then, we are done with buffets for the trip but it is a good deal for us.

4. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that be a pretty awesome feat! we only managed to do 4 different buffets in the 24 hours (late dinner at flamingo, breakfast at paris, late lunch at harrah's, and late dinner at spice market).

5. PokrPlyr

PokrPlyr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm actually going to give it a try! Maybe I'll even do another one of my real-time trip reports, haha. :)

6. Screwball

Screwball Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one thing to consider with this pass is the time you waste waiting in lines. We bought it 4 years ago when it was $29.99 or $34.99, and even at that price we said we would not do it again.

Our experience:

Dinner (late): PH Spice Market Buffet - great food, enjoyable time, moderate wait.
    Breakfast: Plan was Paris, we went there to be met by a line that stretched almost into Ballys. After ditching that, we sprinted over to Flamingo to be met by another line. After finally getting in the buffet had nice views, but the food left something to be desired. It was extremely picked over and nothing special.
    Mid-Aft Lunch/Snack: ended up back at PH again as were in this area.
    Dinner: Rio - HUGE line. Literally took 1.5 hours to get in. Lots of selection, but I can't say it deserved the recognition at the time of being one of the best in Vegas. My main memory is large groups of people stacking crab legs a foot tall on plates and sharing them at pushed together tables.

Interesting, but not worth it for us.

7. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well, if you are considering it you should make the additional investment for the line pass (if you are not diamond or above) for just the reason stated above. Even without having to wait in line, doing 4 or 5 would still probably be the max

8. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did 3 a couple of years ago, finished with Caesar's, did Paris for breakfast and Planet H. for lunch. It was too much; but I ain't what I used to be.

9. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doable if you just grab a nibble at each place. Full meals no way, no how.

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rio buffet still lets us lowly Platinum people (at least as of last trip) use the rear entrance. Harrah's used to as well, but I don't know if they still do.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you exclude Bacchanl and Rio Seafood, I bet I could get an Entree at each of the other buffets, in a "24 hour" period...I think I'll give it a try next trip, lol.
    Literally just spend a day/half EATING and going to Diamond Lounges, LOL.

Palace Tower Suite!
  12. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read a blog where the author visited 7 buffets within 24 hours. Something tells me the link is on the board, but I can't seem to find it.

13. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never tried hitting all 7 of them. I haven't done the buffets of buffets in a while but it is a good deal if you plan on eating buffets. I usually get 4 meals from it, PH dinner around 9pm, Paris morning brunch around 10:30am, Harrahs or Flamingo for lunch around 2 and then back to PH for dinner. Sometimes go to the Rio for the world carnival buffet there but the line up is to long. I seen the PH line up go up the escalader and along Burgr.

Ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.