1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet... Cosmo, Bellagio, Caesars, Wynn, or OTHER

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jamie1983, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which buffet? I haven't been to Vegas in about 1.5-2 years and looking for opinions on which buffet to hit...I've been to Wynn and Bellagio before and looking for opinions. I enjoy crab legs, I really liked the cold meat and cheese section the last time I was at Wynn.

So my question is, which buffet and why?

2. roycpa

roycpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All these are fine, but if you're looking for cold meat and cheese, there are probably 100 las vegas restaurants where you could order this as an appetizer for less than half the price of any of these buffets. Ditto for crab legs. Unless you are with someone who has to have 100 different items at one meal, I'd rather go to a non buffet to meet your requirements.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Cosmo buffet (Wicked Spoon) best. They have more than just the standard buffet fare. They try different combinations of ingredients and foods in small portions, which is perfect for tasting.

4. twimmd

twimmd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some thoughts on your choices and an option:
    Wynn: Just remodeled before the Holiday. Went at the lunch / dinner switch. Great service, but thought the value was more along the lines of the lunch price rather than the big hike at dinner. Served crab legs at dinner.

Bellagio: Only have recently been to breakfast / lunch. Have a great variety of choices. Don't remember if crab legs are available at lunch.

Caesars - Bacchanal: Our personal favorite. Have been to breakfast and even survived the long lines at dinner. Love the carving station! The quality and choices of proteins are incredible. Have both warm and cold crab legs at dinner. Very good service and excellent dessert bar.

Wicked Spoon at Cosmo: Although it has some unique food options (Bone Morrow) and a nice seafood prep station, the service was horrible when we went.

OTHER:
    Buffet at ARIA: Our "hidden" favorite. Have been to breakfast / lunch / dinner. May not have the variety of the other top buffets, but the quality and flavor is extremely good. Do have both warm and cold crab legs at lunch, plus a nice seafood selection. Shrimp, mussels, clams, etc. Has the best buffet ribeye / prime rib.Very good service and value.

In my opinion; my favorite list:
    Ceasars, Aria, Bellagio, Wynn, Cosmo

5. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got to throw in a good word for Studio B at M Resort. But cold meat and cheese? Go to any decent bar at Happy Hour for that.

6. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah...I usually get a cheese plate and some wine wherever I go...was just saying that was a plus if they had it.

7. Char1

Char1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoy the Aria & The Wynn

May 28-June 2
  8. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My answer to this really depends a lot on how much you want to spend, and the experience you want to have. If you want to go to a "HIGH END" buffet I would go to Bacchanal hands down. Large variety and the quality is always high.

On the other hand, if you want all the items you asked about, with above average quality, at a decent price (In fact you can find coupons around town) then I recommend the Rio Carnival World buffet. It's large, huge assortment & variety, and above average quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.