So I felt like I was in the middle of that Seinfeld episode... Flew to Las Vegas July 15th. First flight was delayed five times...the last one of which meant we would not make our connection. We were rescheduled to arrive a few hours later and in the middle of the night. I emailed and called Budget to confirm our reservation (and offered to pay over the phone to make sure we'd be OK.) At that time, my concern was not that we'd actually have a car, but specifically it would be the minivan we had reserved. With the final flight change, I sent my adult daughter a text; she was arriving into Las Vegas on time, so I asked her to go to Budget, let them know that we were coming (late) but that we'd be there. So my daughter took the shuttle to the car rental center, stood in line for 45 minutes, gave them my name and confirmation number and advised them that we were definitely coming, asking "please don't give away our car!" She was assured they would not. But alas I arrived only to be told "We are out of cars. We don't have your minivan or any other cars, but you can try tomorrow." BTW the family in front of us had PREPAID their reservation, but they had no car either!!! So I paid $25 with tip to get to Harrah's. In the morning, I paid $25 with tip to get back to Budget with no assurance they would actually have any cars (much less the minivan I needed.) But 12 hours after arrival, I do have our minivan. Our first day's plans were screwed AND Budget wanted the car back 6 days later even though I paid for a week. JUST WHAT are we supposed to do if a reservation means nothing? Make duplicate reservations for more than one company?