1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bubba don't fold

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

After Saturday, I gotta admit I was thinking Antsy Bubba would disappear on Sunday. But damn if he didn't hang tough even as he fell behind early. And save that crazy shot from the trees, he was rather textbook coming in. Or as textbook as that swing and mindset can be.

So who retires with more green jackets, Phil or Bubba? Will he tie Tiger? Will Scott win again next year so we have a throwback Palmer/Nicklaus run?

2. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked that he did some of his celebrating at a Waffle House.

3. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phil won't win again

Bubba won't either

Tiger prob will take over Golden Bear

To ur answer for question u asked !

Can't answer

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll give props to Bubba. After Spieth came out and took the lead early I thought Bubba might try to press too hard and blow it, but once he went from two back on the 8th tee to 2 ahead on the 10th tee it was pretty much over. I still think Phil will end with more green jackets than Bubba, he won't tie Tiger as I think Tiger gets another one. As for next year, I have absolutely no idea. If I had to put money on a few guys next year I'd probably go Tiger (assuming he's healthy), Spieth, Rory, Phil and Bubba.

5. jwkick

jwkick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bubba more than Phil. Bubba can hit long and he can usually find it seems like Phil is all over with the driver.

Like how Bubba can work it both ways if needed and his cut on his drivers are usually playable even if the end up " in the first cut"

Will Scott be able to adjust to the normal putter when he has too? If he can he may a couple green jackets left in him

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Certainly have to give Bubba credit for hanging in early and closing the door late. Of course I'd much rather have seen him have to chase down the Spieth on the back, instead of being handed a cushion. But then again, maintaining a cushion is not meant to be Bubba's strength. And it is tough to judge Spieth for feeling the pressure of the moment. Even though he did not collapse nearly as badly, watching Spieth felt a lot like watching McIlroy a couple years ago. Even before the negative holes, there were some iffy tee shots, and even just walking down the fairway you can see the tension.

If i had to guess right now, I'd say Bubba ends up tied with Phil at 3 apiece. His length made a few holes comical, but he's still a wildcard, and he's already 35.

7. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly unlikely IMO. There are two types of guys using anchored putters, those who have ALWAYS used an anchored putter (Keegan Bradley), and those who have switched to long putters because they had the yips and/or couldn't putt for shit (Scott).

I think the guys like Keegan can adjust much better than the guys like Scott, simply because guys like Scott have already struggled previously with a short putter, and they'll have a mental hurdle to overcome in addition to the physical/mechanical.

As for Bubba, he certainly stumbled a bit on the back nine but a few good breaks, and the fact that nobody was on his heels allowed him to cruise to the win. If someone could have pushed to within a stroke or two (Blixt, Spieth) there would have been a lot more pressure on Bubba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.