1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Breaking Bad...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by zamboni, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I started watching Sons of Anarchy a while back and liked it for some of the first season but soon lost interest and stopped. There were elements that felt a little to "soap opera-ish" for my taste. Same with Friday Night Lights, it was great but I didn't care for all the soap opera type stuff. But a lot of people love SOA and swear by it. Everyone tells me to watch Mad Men, so I will definitely start it at some point. I've started watching Dexter and really like it. I've only gone through about 2 seasons (there are 8 total so it will take a while) but the show is a lot different than I expected. I avoided it because I thought it would be gory, and I don't like gory/bloody type of things but its not at all. Its definitely a cliffhanger type show at each episode so you get really tempted to watch just one more. My two all time favorites are The Sopranos and The Wire, I've watched each series multiple times and I'm assuming you've seen them. But if not, drop everything and watch them now! :)

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am more of a one thing at a time guy.

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, that's OK Zamboni. At least you're a guy who can admit it. I think maybe for you, Sons. Unless you're like my husband and pick the opposite of whatever I say, then I would say Mad Men.

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 Breaking Bad, I re-watched the entire series on Netflix. Well written, good acting, but can't get into Skyler, she seems to have a rod up her as*. Walt is a saint for staying with her.

Just watched the Netflix series "House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey, a big :thumbsup: for this series. A must for political junkies out there.

I could not get into Mad Men, although this show has had a positive effect on Manhattans, bartenders seem to know how to make them now.

Another one that I just could not watch is Boardwalk Empire. I'm no prude, but there was just too much gratuitous sex.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe you guys hating on Skyler. I shake my head in disbelief.

Another show I just got hooked on. I'm only a few episodes in though. House of Cards on Netflix. One of the kids at work was telling me about it and I was like...yawn...sounded boring. But, it's really good.

6. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend House of Cards... very political stuff, but sometimes funny.

Right now, I'm over 1/2 way through Orange is the New Black. Wow! Is this one a believable picture of life in a women's prison? I'm hooked.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got caught up with Breaking Bad last night, watched the first episode of Orange is New Black. I really liked it. There are only 13 episodes total, so won't be too long before I am through it.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of those are good, IMO. I love Mad Men and Walking Dead. Mad Men was hard for me to start at first, but now I'm obsessed. I just started Sons of Anarchy on Netflix Streaming. I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm enjoying it. I just wish I didn't have to work and take care of my family so I can watch more of it. :haha:

I'm not in love with Skyler. I loved the comment "Walt is a saint" for putting up with her. Yeah, I've said that while watching, but she really won me over last night by how she dealt with Hank and her sister. I couldn't have held it together like she did. I'd have been doing MUCH more screaming in the diner. ;)

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    C'mon Sonya, you are bordering on being a spoiler.:nono: :peace:
    Didn't someone start a spoiler thread for Breaking Bad? We just finished season 3 over the weekend.

House of Cards is fantastic if you like politics.:thumbsup:

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I did a good job of keeping the spoiler part out of it. But yeah, I'm off to find the other thread. :wink2:

House of Cards is on our list, but the husband wants to watch it too, so I have to wait for him to have free time. Maybe once he's done with his Microsoft Certification studies.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not spoiling, but you guys need to do whatever you can to catch up and watch this last season live (or close to it). It's craze amaze.

13. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is killing me...have the first three episodes to watch of this season and husband is hunting. He would not be happy with me if I watch without him. It will be sad to see it end. One of th few shoes that we both enjoy together.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finished season 4 over the weekend. Season 5 will have to wait until next week.

15. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Season 5 on Netflix is only half a season- 8 episodes, the last of season 5 is the 8 that are currently going to air on AMC. I don't know why they didn't just call these episodes season 6, but they didn't

16. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never thought I'd hear anyone ever say that! :licklips:

17. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Something to do with contract negotiations, they would have to enter into all new agreements if it was broken out as a new season, both with the cast and producers and with the network. Same thing happened with The Sopranos final season.

And holy crap this show is fucking awesome! :nworthy:

18. Jhigley

Jhigley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I just got caught up. We love the show.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.