1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Brad Garret's Comedy Club

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Icedgenes, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of questions for the experts:

Is this show worth seeing?
    Is the reward just a teaser? It is always sold out.

2. drexel

drexel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used that reward back in april when you got 2 tix and I was very happy that we did. The comedians that night were great. I think the show itself really depends on who is performing.

3. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen a show there 2 times. One of the times Brad Garrett was performing and the other time he was not. I didn't get it through the myvegas game though.
    The venue is small so there really isn't a bad seat in the house. On the flip side if you do want a seat closer to the stage, I have seen someone slip the guy at the entrance a couple bucks and they were seated 2 rows from the stage.
    Drinks: a little on the pricy side, but that's expected at a comedy club.
    Comedians: There is a "host" who does a short bit in the beginning, then does a couple 5-10 minute bits in between the other comedians and does the introductions. When Brad Garrett is there, he acts as the host (obviously since it is his club). Although if you have seen Garrett before he uses a lot of the same material that he has in his past shows, but he mixes it up a bit and makes fun of people in the crowd. The remaining comedians are usually some really good up and comers. Sometimes he brings in some more known people. I can't say there was anyone there who didn't have us cracking up.

On a side note, the one time I was there and Brad Garrett was in the house, he had the regular comedians there, then he had 2 other guys come out and do bits as well because he was there. One was a comedian who started out the same time as him, but I can't recall his name. And the other was Gilbert Gottfried, who was a lot funnier and raunchier than I ever expected.

So to answer your question, yes the show is worth seeing. Even if you can't get the tickets from myvegas, check out the half price ticket booth, if Brad Garrett isn't there, they usually have some seats available at the ticket booth. But if Garrett is there, then it will most likely sell out.

4. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more thing I forgot about, they usually post the comedians names ahead of time on the MGM website, so if you are concerned whether a comedian is gonna be any good, you can look them up on youtube. Just don't watch too much of it b/c it will likely be the same bit on youtube that they use in the live show.

5. ocpzoink

ocpzoink Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went last week, definitely worth seeing. Didn't use myvegas to get it, but I would try and see Brad if he was playing. Was in the 2nd row, had a back and forth with Brad for a few mins. Drinks are very expensive, show is probably 1 1/2 hours or so.

6. Garmy

Garmy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Brad is there they will black out the dates for MyVegas

7. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, can't use the MyVegas reward when he is performing.

8. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the club shut down for weeks at a time? I see gaps in the calendar with no ticket purchase options.

9. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was pretty cool, very attractive cocktail waitresses and the comedians were pretty good.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.