1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyz II Men at the Mirage

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by DReynolds86, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the general consensus on this show? I grew up in the 1990s so it's a show I'd love to see. How long/good is the show and has anyone had any personal experience with the show? Thanks.

2. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the show last August and LOVED it! There is nothing bad I can say about the show, I was a teenager in the 90 s so grew up listening to their music, I highly recommend the show.

I sat 5 rows from the stage which was great but it's a small theatre so I think any seat would be good.

I did not stop singing the entire show!

3. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's one show I haven't seen yet and have no desire to see in my lifetime.

4. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, thank you for your enlightened contribution to the thread, then. :beer:
    Good review, thanks. We're still deciding if we want to go to the Mirage ticket office, BestOfVegas.com or risk it on getting seats through Tix4Tonight. There isn't lip-syncing, I would hope right?

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen the show twice and booked a ticket to see it a third time.

It is the 1990s...AGAIN. Soul-moving music from the best R&B band. Check the yelp reviews. http://www.yelp.com/biz/boyz-ii-men-las-vegas One of the very, very rare shows in Vegas that has a perfect five stars. Mirage continues to extend their shows, so I am hoping they stick around for awhile. I am sure I would book a 4th, 5th, 6th.....

7. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would LOVE to see it but do not want to pay that price for a ticket. I can get tickets to hot shows up here for that price so i would say go for it. The worst that would happen is you would feel like you wasted your time & money which i can't see.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My g/f loved it! The only thing she regretted was that she didn't have her camera. They said pictures/video were okay for that performance, iirc. It was even sweeter that she was still able to get the tix via myVegas! Can't do that anymore. :grrr:

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  9. MrsBrum

MrsBrum Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    loved it!

I saw it March 2nd, purchased premium view tickets from vegas.com and got 6th row center.

The guys sound just as good as they did in the 90s, I really forgot they even had the 4th member! They did bring a 4th guy out for an acapella segment and the voices blew me away. They're around 40 now (me too lol) but they still have some really high energy moves now too. I'd definitely see them again.

Attached Files:

10. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, absolutely no lip-syncing. It would go against everything they stand for. I'd bet they'd rather retire than resort to lip-syncing. But no need to, because they sound amazing. Exactly the same as you remember them sounding. You're magically transported back to the early 1990s.

Tickets are pretty cheap ($40, $50, $60). I'd just book directly with the box office so you can choose your seat. Especially if your plan is to get up close and on the aisle so they might be able to interact with you.

11. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like I'm getting nothing but good reviews from this.

12. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't believe $40-60, so I checked the Mirage website. Through Ticketmaster, they were $45-65 before taxes and fees for a Friday night show. I still can't believe they are that cheap! I might have to put them on the list for our next trip.

Can someone compare the theater size to Mystere or Zumanity?

13. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, the normal ticket price is a great deal! I'm still waiting for people to come visit me in Vegas so I can take them to the show. The theater is the Terry Fator Theater. It's a decent size, but no seat is too far. I was seated in the very last row and never felt too far. I would say the last row would be the equivalent to the end of the 100s section at Mystere Theater.

If seats along the center aisle are available in the first 10 rows or so, get those as there's a good chance you'd get to see the performers up close as they go into the aisles.

14. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome!! I saw them 4 times last year between Vegas and touring.. just happened to work out that way. It's a great show. If you like their music you will love it. They sound great!

Great price too. I was in the back.. I would pay a little more to be closer, it's worth it. It's a pretty standard Vegas size theatre..

The only reason one wouldn't like it is if you don't like love songs, or Motown... other than that I can't see a reason not to enjoy it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.