1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd points when paying for food

Discussion in 'Comps' started by rob889, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob889

rob889 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering what the conversion for Boyd slot points to dollars is when paying for food. For example, 75,000 slot points converts to how much?

Thanks

2. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you use the 75K for food, you get a discount of 40 percent. Thus, you can purchase food totalling up to 125.00 and pay the balance by cash. If your purchased food total is less than 125 dollars, the cashier will only subtract the required number of points.

If you want to know how it translates, you can purchase $1.666 worth of food for each 1000 points. (1000 points = 1 dollar). Another way to look at it is that for each dollar amount of food, it will cost you 60 cents or 600 points.

3. rob889

rob889 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping 1000 points was worth $1 (before factoring in the discount with paying with points):thumbsup:

Is there any benefit if I show my players card if 100% of the food bill will be paid for in cash? I'm under the assumption that the food discount is only applicable when paying with points and showing the card won't help out at all. Hopefully I'm wrong in this because that would be great.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No discount unless using points; however they don't add on the tax either so if paying with cash you pay 100.00 + tax. When paying with points you would pay 60,000 points without taxes added. We just went from Christmas Day to New Year's Eve day and several promotions were multiples (like 6x on X-mas) which caused the points to add quickly (not always a $ in = 1 point) so it was actually a good way to fend off additional charges and keep points total low. I have like 96,000 points accummulated over the years and just never dealt with them until this trip. We usually just charged to the room. However, we played less than normal and I wanted to minimize the charges this time which was easy with points.

Caution, if you charge to the room, upon check-out you (at least in the past I) are not allowed to use points to clear food charges.....was told you must use them at the time of purchase (dining) so be aware of that tidbit.

Good luck!

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  5. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no "actual" 40% discount of the "normal" cash price of your bill.

That 40% "discount comes from the "value" of your points in different transactions. If you are redeeming "cash-back" at the player's club, you will receive $1 for each 1000 points. If you are going to pay your food bill with points, you get $1 payment for every 600 points ... hence the 40% "savings".

The simple & easy way to figure the value of your points for food is to just divide your total points by 600. Soooo ... 75,000 points divided by 600 will equal $125 in restaurant value. OR ... just look at your food bill $$ (like maybe $48), and just multiply 600 x 48, and you will need 28,800 points.

6. rob889

rob889 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks bubbakitty/Buddah...ill definitely make sure i take full advantage of my points next trip

7. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If paying by cash, there wouldn't be any benefit unless you are at the buffet. At MSS or Orleans, the 40 percent discount is not applicable if paying by points. If paying by cash or points, there is a discount so it is of benefit to show your B-connected card.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.