1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boxing: best fight ever in Vegas "The War"

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by mike mc, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Messing around You Tube today came across some Vegas Boxing references & to me, without a Doubt best fight in Vegas had to be Hagler/Hearns , April 1985.
    Hard to believe this was almost 29 years ago, before cable, before UFC etc. but I remember watching this at a old Ice arena on Closed circuit TV with about 1000 college aged guys a night to remember:nworthy: I tried uploading it maybe someone with better skills on this site can do it for me, you wont see a better 3 rounds that lived up to the hype as well

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [YOUTUBE]8mILPqwesNE[/YOUTUBE]

I loved when Wide World of Sports replayed the fights. I remember working a closed circuit event the night Tyson knocked out Michale Spinks in the first round, as people were still coming in. They wanted their money back.

[YOUTUBE]Fi69utdvDcA[/YOUTUBE]

3. BigRick617

BigRick617 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what a fight

4. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Viva, for upload
    yes what a fight , puts some of the jab and run guys that box now to shame, IMO Hagler was the best in those day, never dodged anyone
    Shame Sugar-Ray was scared for so long then only fought Hagler when he knew the fix was in :grrr:

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on all accounts. I appreciate boxing skill, but I prefer watching a boxer who will take on all challenges and isn't afraid of mixing it up.

I prefer fighters like Hagler, JC Chavez or Pacquaio over Leonard or Mayweather.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.