1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bouchon for dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bubbavegas, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I have had breakfast at Bouchon and truly enjoyed it this trip we are having dinner there for the first time, any suggestions as to what is best on the menu. I am far from a picky eater so everything on the menu has appeal to me, just trying to narrow down the selections.:peace:

Cosmo Christmas
  2. lithelady

lithelady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have dinner reservations there next Tuesday - if you have a chance, post after you eat there and LMK what you had and if you made any discoveries.

3. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do Lady

Cosmo Christmas
  4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Bouchon last year for dinner. Normally I would have steak frites at a bistro but needed a break from beef. I had trout almondine. It was great.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  5. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bone marrow dish is awesome, spread it like butter on the accompanying toast points.

6. buttnugget

buttnugget Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lamb is great. The bread and hot pistachios are too. Service is hit and miss (mostly miss). Good waiters, but they take forever with anything (esp to settle the bill).

7. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mashed potatoes
    i could make a meal just on them

8. lithelady

lithelady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back today from Vegas, and we had dinner at Bouchon. It was an incredible meal, and given the high quality of ingredients, reasonably priced (We ate at Rose.Rabbit.Lie the next night. It was the same cost and not nearly the quality of service, food, or flavors). .

The soups - Butternut Squash and French Onion - were both infused with terrific tastes (they cook those onions for 36 hours to pull out the sweetness). I had the trout which was very, very good, and my dining companion had the lamb shank, which was wonderful. The salad was mostly ordinary, but the goat cheese on it pulled it to another level. Like Blacklabber Mile, I could have made a complete meal out of many of the dishes they served.

Our service was top notch. I was having difficulty reading their "table" menus (black on brown paper) and when he saw I was having trouble reading it (reading glasses were at the hotel - sigh) he said, "Let me get you a menu on white paper." We had a team that kept everything paced perfectly, and our waiter (Gary) gave very good recommendations and descriptions based on what we told him we liked/didn't like. He also recommended the cheesecake dessert (I promise, this is not your typical cheesecake). Neither of us are big dessert eaters but we took his recommendation and just wanted to let each bite linger on our tongues..we were only barely restrained from licking the small mason jar it is served in. We had several "check ins" from the wait staff during our meal, but never intrusive. The manager came by at the end of the meal and asked if we enjoyed our experience or if we had any suggestions.

It's very interesting to me to see here in the thread that the service is hit-or-miss and good to know, since I'd recommend it without hesitating. At least I know to put a caveat on that recommendation..

9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interestingly, the roast chicken is one of the best dishes. It sounds simple but is just a superb version of the dish. The foie gras terrine/mousse is awesome as is the duck confit. Bouchon sources excellent shellfish so if you like the raw bar type dishes, this is the place to get them. You can order them by the piece, you don't have to get the whole tower.

10. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After dinner there I will highly recommend this place to anyone, from the start to finish everything was perfect, if you are a beer fan ask for Brad as your server he is another in the Ciccerone program like myself, we spent 45 minutes just discussing beer options luckily we arrived early LOL. I went with the Boudin Blanc and DW had the house sausage platter and finished with the best Mousse I have had in my life. The restaurant lived up to what one would expect from Keller.
    [​IMG]

Cosmo Christmas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.