1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boss Ever Catch You Napping?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by DOUBLE B, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top Ten Things To Say When Caught Sleeping At Your Desk.

10-They told me at the blood bank this might happen.

9- This is just that 15 minute power nap they raved about in the time management course you sent me to.

8- "Whew"! Guess I left the top off the whiteout. You probably got here just in time.

7- I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new business strategy.

6- I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance.

5- I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work related stress. Are you discriminatory toward people who practice Yoga?

4- Darn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out how to handle that big accounting problem.

3- Did you ever notice sound coming out of thee keyboards when you put your ear down real close?

2- Who put decaf in the wrong pot?

AND THE NUMBER ONE best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk...............
    1. Raise your head slowly and say "....in Jesus name, Amen!"

2. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's whiteout? :)

3. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG, I love the last one!

Yes, I've been caught sleeping. I even feel asleep once while I was supposed to be driving the presentation while we were in Europe on an investor conference. I was the most Junior person on the trip and the second most junior person decided I was his drinking buddy and I think I got or nearly got alcohol poisoning the night before. Either that or it was food poisoning. Hard to say which. Either way I woke up on the bathroom floor while he was knocking on the door saying it was time to go. Btw, I don't roll like that. That is the one and only time I've ever done anything like that in a professional environment.

4. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    liquid paper.....if you are under 30 google that too haha

I was sleeping one time in high school when we had a sub for my co-op class and she said that I needed to not be doing that and I looked up and told her I was learning through osmosis (I happened to have a book on the desktop as well I was laying my head on) and her response was "you can really do that you know!!" and so I replied "I know and you are disturbing me shhhh" ........the rest of the class was dying laughing and I put my head back down for some peaceful bliss after cementing my place as the class clown yet again :thumbsup:

5. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If someone went to sleep in my room, I always got busy on hall patrol and let the student whose chair he had next period wake him. Probably not hygienic, but it made the point.

6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fell sound asleep in class once in High School and woke up, looked around, and was very confused. I guess I slept through the bells and my teacher had my class get up and leave quietly and had the next class come in quietly in order to prank me. Oh man did they laugh their butts off at the look on my face when I woke up! I never fell asleep in her class again. I'm notorious for dozing off in my chair especially after lunch.

7. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Embarrassment is a great tool if used sparingly and in such a way that nobody suspects you did it with malice aforethought. The only repeat sleeper I ever had was a kid who had problems that kept him from sleeping enough at night. No point in embarrassing him.

Once, I had to leave right after class to do something during my free period. I returned 20 minutes later to find a kid dozing at his desk. I gave him a pass to his next class, but only after he had cleaned up his drool puddle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.