1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Border grill?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by hoochiemama, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I have 90k points to spend for our July trip. We are planning on seeing the Michael Jackson One show at Mandalay Bay on a Monday.

So thinking about using the border grill reward.

Most of the recent stuff I've seen was in regards to the weekend brunch. However we won't be there on the weekend.

Any recent visitors for the normal dinner? Worth it? The carnitas appear to be pretty good.

We'll need to eat that night anyways (ideally at Mandalay bay) just not sure if it's a good use of points.?

2. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had lunch there once and brunch twice. Their food is fantastic. I plan on getting the dinner for my November trip if it is still available. Highly recommend this place!

- Linda in TX

3. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One reason you may not use the comp for Border, they also have a certificat at Restaurant.com that makes dining there very inexpensive (especially when you wait for restaurant.com to decrease prices to $5 per $25 certificate. I love Border grill and think it is more than just a Mexican restaurant, it is truly great food.

4. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're $5 right now with code CINCO.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's my favorite restaurant!! Both here in LA and in Vegas. It's really good. Worth it. It's modern mexican food I would say. The carnitas are great, but my favorite is the grilled skirt steak.

The meal they are giving you is $42 a person, plus tax, plus you get drinks. So I think it's a pretty good deal. I know it's a lot of points, but I mean the other meals aren't really at the most exciting of restaurants. I mean a steak dinner in Excalibur?

6. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a winner of a place. The restaurant.com deal looks great. $100 for $20. I've never used them before. Any gotchas?

Then I'll just need to figure what else to use my myvegas points for :)

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Limit 1 per table/order and it is a $50 minimum to use the $25 certificate.

8. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used the resturaunt.com before. Yea, just make sure you check the terms.

I don't see it up right now though?

9. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I procrastinated too much on both. I had 4x$25 in my cart using CINCO for $20, but didn't buy on Saturday. Now I don't see them for sale at all. Anyways it sounds like I could have only used one of them.

Now, I don't see the MyVegas reward anymore (only the brunch). Oh well. I'll use it on something else...

10. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea darn I was thinking about redeeming it, oh well! Guess I gotta decide what I want faster!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.