1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking multiple trips in advance

Discussion in 'Comps' started by lostfido, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostfido

lostfido Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are heading out next week for SEMA on an offer from Mandalay of 3 nights comped and discounted rate for the other.

What I am wondering is when I should call VIP services to book my additional trips for this winter? I have airfare booked for MLK weekend and the Iron Maiden concert in Feb. Would I be better off trying to book the additional weekends before my upcoming trip or wait until I get back?

The wife and I are low buck slot people, typically budget about $600 per day to gaming.

Thanks

2. avg35

avg35 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you have it comped, I would book it now. You could always cancel and rebook if there are better offers later. I've noticed this to be especially true with ceasars properties as their offers go up and down with your play, the further out you book your room the more selection on room type you have.

3. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with this, With the liberal cancellation policies hotels have, just book, and rebook if you have a better offer or lower price.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  4. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I make best effort to book them as soon as they are available to book. In May I made the mistake of waiting till the last minute to book the second leg of a 5 night stay and got screwed by the big fight (no comped rooms and hotel rates went nuts). Had I booked the rooms in advance like normal, I would have had a free room the night of the fight. Instead I rebooked my flights to avoid the ridiculous price gouge, but I digress.

Futbol - final game
  5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say book now unless you expect to gamble significantly more than usual on your nest trip.

6. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And even then, you can always cancel and re-book under a new offer

7. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book it now. We then watch online TR for price changes and then call and they always give us the better rate without cancelling....For our December trip ended up now only paying $37 for 6 nights...Down from our initial booking....Early has always worked for us....

Great way to end 2016!
  8. lostfido

lostfido Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I called to book and they allowed me to book one additional stay under the same fall reward I am using next week. The gal was very nice and said she could not do the third the same as the first two but gave me the MLife rate for now and told me to watch my offers and call back after I return home from my first trip. (No problem to cancel----no hold on credit card)

I appreciate the advice on booking something in case an event happens and rooms get expensive, Thanks again

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.