1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking free rooms - How far in advance?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Darreningreenwood, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How far in advance do you need to book the free/bonus nights? I noticed on the redemption page it currently lists "booking dates" as between May 3 and September 30. Does that mean I can't redeem one for May 1? Or will they go ahead and let me book it now, since the availability chart shows rooms are available?

2. skybank

skybank Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you can book any time that the MyVegas calendar offers the dates for the rooms. The calendars posted are only currently showing the dates for comp/comp bonus rooms available through September 2014. I do not believe their is a "book by" date listed.

3. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have some LPs sitting around and i want to use them for my september trip.
    can i already "buy" the voucher and book the room, even the 90 days period is not reached?
    i tought i must wait until i'm in the 90 days period to "buy" the reward and book the room.

4. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive booked nights for Aria & Monte Carlo ( more than one myVEGAS player in our group) and we are traveling in September.

Coming from Australia we need more time to prepare!!!

5. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    found the answer. :wink2:

6. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a new player and a little bit confused around this similar issue...

I've been playing for 3 months and accumulated 90k loyalty points but i'm wondering about the hotel rewards.

so the 90 day window doesn't seem to be an issue, its like you have 90 days to book after you've chosen it for one of the stated available dates. Thats fine.

But i read somewhere that each night counts towards the limit of three items per month only when it is redeemed, so that means i couldn't book more than three nights in a hotel using myvegas, is that right?

Would the best strategy then be to book three nights whenever, and then three rewards 90 days away from my visit, 3 more 60 days away from my visit, 3 more 30 days away from visit and then use the three nights in a hotel towards the end of my stay?

Or am i missing the plot?

7. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think you're missing the plot a bit.

You can book 3 rewards from up-to 90 days in advance (so for now, you could book up-to 90 days in advance). You can only use three rewards every 30 days, but your 30 days only begins when you actually redeem your first one.

For example if I book a hotel room today for 1st June, a different room for 2nd June and a final one for 3rd June, that'd be my 3 rewards from between 1st June and 30th June done.

Some of the hotel rewards however do let you book more than one night I believe, although don't quote me on that.

NFL Championship Weekend
  8. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused here, but I purchased my rooms 4 bonus and 1 comp room between my wife and I points for Aria last week, I then booked the rooms for 8/31 thru 9/4 and they are now redeemed under our puchased accounts. Question is now 30 days from now I can start to look for more items since these are redeemed and addidtional awards could be purchased and used in Sept since that 4 months away ??

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  9. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No; the rooms are being used August 31 through September fourth. That is when they count against the usage limits.

10. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok thanks for clearing that up a bit...

So there are no rewards that are deemed as 'used/redeemed' when they are ordered that could be saved up for when i arrive there?

11. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are used when they are used. Regardless of when you book a room or a show, it counts toward your total 30 day total when you use the room or go to the show.

12. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know about room calendar update?

Any word on when they are going to open up the dates past 9/30/14?

13. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same question.. I keep checking the dates to see if they show anything past September 30. My trip is going to be in November so i'm just trying to plan accordingly (planning the trip is sort of my therapy while i can't be there lol). Does anybody happen to know when they opened up the dates past September last year?

14. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw an earlier post from a couple people saying late June/early July.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.