1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking at Mandalay Bay versus Delano on an offer.....

Discussion in 'Comps' started by boogaloobboy, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boogaloobboy

    boogaloobboy Tourist

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2014
    Messages:
    62
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    15
    This is kind of a myopic question that probably won't be of much help to anyone else but I need the greater wisdom of the community to set my mind at ease. I received my summer offer from Aria and my wife and I decided we wanted to use it but go elsewhere. We decided on Delano and I called Mandalay Bay VIP services and asked if they would honor Aria's offer, they agreed and booked the trip. The offer is for a king room 3 nites comped, along with freeplay and resort credit. At the end of the booking process I told them I wanted to upgrade to a King suite in Delano and would be happy to pay the difference out of pocket, in fact I expected to do so. I was told that "they book seperately from us" which on some level I knew as there is a seperate check in area.

    Long story short I was assured that if I showed up and asked about upgrade availability at MB they would shuttle me over and it would be all good as I am going July 29- Aug 1rst, a W/Th/F nite trio on a slow week. This kind of uncertainty is the kind of shit that reeks of epic fail, what is the proper move? Call Delano and rebook through them and cancel with MB? Would this result in the loss of my (admittedly meager) freeplay (150) and resort credit (100)? Alternatively should I just attempt to call MB back and upgrade to a suite in MB and forget Delano?

    My entire reasoning was that we LOVE Nobu in Caesars and wanted to stay at Delano to avoid the 70 dollar a night riff raff at MB. The D only pool was also a draw, and the soaking tub is a must. Our last three stays at Vegas have been in Nobu, then two at Aria, I worry MB will fall well short of that mark however we realy want access to the pool complex and Aria's casino is like a mausoleum. Advice?
     
  2. kboltwkreations

    kboltwkreations Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2013
    Messages:
    280
    Location:
    Texas
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    50
    I have several offers from MB and Delano right now that are exactly the same, so I would think it would be an easy transition to Delano without losing any part of your offer. Delano seems to ALWAYS have very reasonable deals, even last minute so it would surprise me if they did not have what you want available, especially mid week.
    Really like the updates they have done to the suites in Delano, and it is such a short walk from there to the casino. We stayed there in Dec and we are booked there again this Dec. I could not pass up the offer they gave us.
    Good luck and hope it all works out like you want it to!!
    Quick related question for anyone who may know: Have any of the suites in MB been updated??
     
  3. nostresshere

    nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

    Joined:
    May 4, 2009
    Messages:
    11,148
    Location:
    TN
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    19
    We have done Delano (the Hotel) before and booked via our MB host. I would consider calling back in and asking to change. If they say it is booked separate, ask to be transferred to whomever does that.

    As to suite upgrades at MB - have stayed there in suites twice this year. Suites have not been updated that I could tell.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.