1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking a room past September?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by rvallez6, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been searching for a specific answer to this issue, with no luck, so i figured i'd post my question in this thread. I want to use LP's for rooms at NY NY at the end of November. The website says in i purchase now, it must be redeemed by September 30. It also says when you click on next, that the redeem period is up to September 29, and the travel period is until september 30. I've seen online where it states you can get the dates far in advance, the redeeming period is the time period where you have to call and actually book the room.

Does anybody have experience with this? I'd like to get this set as soon as possible, just to scratch one more item off of my list.

2. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked into your question and you are 100% correct on this. I would send an email to them and ask what's up. You may not get a response back, but maybe they will change the travel dates to include the new calendar soon.

3. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll probably just call the number. If I do, I'll post the answer.

4. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i had to submit a request through the support site. I'll post the feedback if i get it.

5. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When they updated the calendar, looks like they forgot to update that part about redeeming by Sept. 30. NYNY has the dates thru January, so you can book the room anytime now.

6. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great, thanks for the feedback! i'm going to do this today.

7. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased a midweek comp room and a weekend comp room for NYNY for my trip in October. I called yesterday and tried to book, based on the available dates in October, but was told that I had to wait till the booking window was extended past September 30.

8. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That may be what i need to do as well. I called today, and I was told that nothing was available for November 29th, and she said it was most likely sold out because its thanksgiving weekend. It seemed like it was just a guess. I don't know if i should refund the LP's or wait. She also told me I could not book consecutive nights at all. I had to have a paid night between (not a big deal because the rooms are cheap on that day).

EDIT: The person i talked to did say the travel dates showed from May 2014 through January 2015. I don't know if that makes a difference as to whether or not i should go ahead and get my refund.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  9. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called again today to try to book a weekend comp room bonus night on Friday 10/24. I was told i couldn't book it, but "rooms were available." I guess I'll try to call back again in a few days. :thumbsdown:

10. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way they run this room booking thing is :Þ .

I'll wait until they get their zhit together.

11. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I already canceled the reward, I don't know if I want to try again later with rooms or just get something else. I'll just wait until September and see what's available.

12. Mowsee

Mowsee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to book NYNY in November and was told to call back tomorrow. Their system might be updated then. :rolleyes2:

13. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats the difficult part, i don't think the people you talk to know all of the details, so they can't give you accurate information. They are likely left in the dark as well. I wonder if I can call the redemption line and see if they have rooms available to book before I purchase a reward again.

14. guggir

guggir Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried booking an October date with Monte Carlo, but nothing was available for my date. The reservation agent thought it's possible they haven't been updated yet. However I was able to pick up a bonus room for MGM in October.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.