1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking a package through the Hotel website - general perceptions?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by DonnyC, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So there are tons of great third party websites out there.

There is also the players card websites like Total Rewards and MLife.

And there is booking through the hotel directly.

Some airlines even offer packages.

Usually I make my own package with flights and then do the hotel through Total Rewards - and that combo yields me the best price.

However, I looked at the Venetian (not sure that I woudl want to stay there) in order to look at a higher price property than the Flamingo (where I love to stay because of the pool). I used the Venetian website to generate a price on a room and flight and it look really reasonable and much cheaper than booking them separately (in fact only a bit more $ than if I just booked the hotel room).

So whenever I go to Vegas again, and because I might want to try a different property, I'm curious how you all piece the trip together? (The kicker on booking the room and flight through the hotel website directly is that you seem to pay more $ is traveling with 2 people vs solo. Has anyone booked a package through the hotel website for only 1 person and then bough the second airfare separately with that second guest in the room booked by person #1?)

2. urbanphotos

urbanphotos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always book everything separately (hotel, flight, rental car) with the company directly, because if you use a third party site and have some problem, the response you usually get is that you will have to address the issue with the third party site. For example, if you book a flight through the Venetian web site; and the flight gets cancelled, and you're told to take the next flight in 4 hours; but you don't want to... you have to call the Venetian and make the arrangements through them, instead of with the airline.

I wouldn't use a third party site unless there was some significant advantage like a huge savings in price, or flight times that are not available on the airline web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.