1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking 2 hotels for comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by weluvvegas, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey there, long time no post! We just bought a house so things have been tight. But, I'm going to Vegas with my mom and BFF in October and have a room at the Palazzo booked with my IHG reward points.

I got an offer from Excalibur today which is 2 free nights with $100 freeplay and $50 resort credit. I'm thinking of booking that too, just to check in and get the extras. Last trip we stayed there 1 night and they did not charge a resort fee.

Do they even notice if nobody is sleeping there? I guess we could use it as a resting point when we get down to that end of the strip!

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have overlapping Bellagio/Flamingo dates so I don't see a problem. Mine overlap only one day but still

3. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called and they verified the resort fees are waived under the promo. Woot woot! booking it!

40th Birthday Bash!
  4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are arriving at 9AM and think Palazzo might not have your room ready that early and want to put time in the Excalibur room you could go straight there from the airport, check in to Excalibur, get your free play and resort credit, go up to the room and drop your luggage off, order room service in for breakfast to use up the resort credit and then when ready (shower? change of clothes? pool time? nap?) go down and gamble the $100 free play and then later in the afternoon grab your luggage and taxi down to Palazzo...

5. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you know we're arriving at 9? LOL

Auggie...you da man! Thanks!

40th Birthday Bash!
  6. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our last trip we double booked to take advantage of comps and wondered the same as you. So when we checked in to the hotel we weren't staying in ( 4 queens) we went up to the room just to check it out. While we were there, we both had to use the bathroom, and just for giggles, we messed up the bed a little too and left a $5 on the table.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The when was easy: your countdown timer is set to October 10th, 9:00AM :) :) :)

The rest of the suggestion: because your Palazzo offer is IHG, not Grazie, they may or may not have a room ready for you when you arrive, but because your Excalibur reservation is an MLife offer with 2 comp nights plus extras it is most likely they will have a room for you when you arrive, even that early.

8. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People double book all the time. I don't even mess up the bed anymore. But I will take high end toiletries, lol. Have fun!

9. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I feel like a dummy Auggie! I'm platinum elite with IHG but they say the Palazzo is a different animal so we shall see!

40th Birthday Bash!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.