1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booked my first solo trip with comped rooms!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dfalk, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been wanting to do a solo trip for awhile so I finally booked one today. Found a good week in Oct 8-11, where I could get the time off, cheap flight, and free rooms.

Flights right now are $203 RT (including Allegiants stupid $36 carry on fee) I should probably book it now but Im gonna watch them for a couple more days to see if they go down.

For hotels I looked at my TR calendar and all it was showing for that week was comped rooms at IP and there's no way Im staying at that poop hole. I remembered I got a mailer from CET last week so I looked at that and it showed free rooms at Harrahs/Flamingo/Ballys. So I called them up and booked Ballys, costed me $10 to reserve over the phone, but its better than the $120 it would of been online. I'm gonna continue to watch and see if I can switch over to PH/Caesars for free.

I also had an offer from MGM for 2 free nights in their new renovated rooms. Booked that as well just for the hell of it. Might cancel it before I leave, or just keep it so I have 2 "homes", a mid strip one and a south strip. Has anyone ever done this/thoughts on it?

Also I noticed that week there's some convention going on that brings in 30K people. It that alot for Vegas? Will I noticed a big difference in people?

Anywho Im pretty excited for a trip with nothing but gambling and drinking. Ill only have a $500 per day budget, hopefully I can make that last all day before going broke and then have nothing to do.

Anyone else gonna be there around this time?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, do this often. Just realize that each hotel will measure your play for future offers. Just consider this as you get close to departure time. Don't do it and hurt yourself if you are not going to use the room/offer.

30,000 Might be an concern. Look up and see what their "host" hotels are.

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    L

I'm pretty much kicking MLIFE to the curb this trip so I don't care about my future offers. All I care about is free rooms and getting them with CET is easy peasy. I don't even know why I got this offer for MGM cause all my other offers are buy 1 night get one.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  4. YSinAppleton

YSinAppleton Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you have a good trip planned, cheap flight price too. I don't think 30K will change things much in Vegas. They will be spread out quite a bit I'm sure. I keep saying I'm going to go solo one of these days. Just haven't gotten up the nerve to do it yet.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About the 30,000, my general rule as a fellow low roller is that if they'll still give me free rooms the gambling isn't likely to get out of control due to crowds.

6. Wezvidz

Wezvidz High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny coincidence thread... I also just booked my first solo trip (this will be my 10th overall). Had comped rooms at Flamingo, cheap flights so decided to pull the trigger. Last weekend in October.

I'm also doing something similar in that my return flight leaves at 4pm so I'm using an extra comp night on my departure day. It will allow me to sleep late without worrying about late check out but will hurt my ADT. I'll be gambling a ton the days before this so I'm not too worried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.