1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Book now or later?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 83trekker, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 83trekker

83trekker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So comming from Calgary, Canada, Booking for Jan 2,3,4 is it cheaper to book way ahead of going or do you get better deals as it gets closer? Or is luck of the draw?

Also if i go to Westjet and book flights, it is way cheaper to just goto Book it . com and get the flight and hotel all in one. So its hard to just find a real good hotel deal when the flight alone is going to cost me around the same.

2. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a tough call because you're forced to use Canadian airlines. I recently booked my trip for October, I wanted to do it back in June but my SO convinced me to wait 2 months before we leave. I can assure you waiting 1-2 months prior to departure saves a lot of money, at least when flying from the states. I doubt WestJet/Air Canada ever has deals to Vegas, but I guess it's possible. Our Canadian airlines are screwed. I looked into Vancouver to Vegas, the flight alone would cost me $1000 for 2 people. It's ridiculous.

3. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have any airline miles? It could also be cheaper to purchase airline miles then using them on the flights.

4. 83trekker

83trekker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have some air miles but not enough to get off the runway lol, just dont understand why it costs so much from here, yet we are not that far away. Sucks cause when I see really good hotel deals cant use them cause the flight costs so much.

5. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it was only 600 from wpg to vegas which i found reasonable, that is how much it cost us for florida which is on this side of the country. Not sure what rates are there but i used kayak, flights tend to drop a bit at the 3-4 month mark and they had went down 100$ for us and when i found something i could live with that is when i booked (florida).

If you have airmiles it will be cheap, for the 2 of us it is only $454 in taxes and fees.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a problem that we all face. Hindsight of course, is easy but it is a crap shoot looking forward. It is also hard to give advice since we all live in different places many with unique situations. Most of us agree that piecemeal, airfare and lodging usually work best separately when you know how to shop and use the search engines. There is an occassional package deal but then you have lost some flexibility.

It does get a bit easier after many trips to LV though because you can keep records or simply remember what the cost always seems to hover around. My first RT to LV from NH was $217! I'm afraid those days are gone, however my first fare booked last feb was $225. The average seems to be $300-350 round trip for me so I use that as a guide. It can be cheaper to fly out of Boston but then there is shuttes, parking or bus rides and added layover time. This year prices were weird out of NH and I was ready to fly out of Boston for half the price. The savings made the bus and extra effort seem worth it. However, the night I was going to book I checked Manchester's prices one last time and found cheaper flights but had to rearrange my days and times to make it work. I was lucky to have the flexibility to do it but I BOOKED SWA for $258; pus EBCI. I don't think the prices will drop much if at all between nowand February, however, I would change if better days or flights became available......another reason to love SWA!

Jimbo338

7. 83trekker

83trekker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Bookit last time and they had the best price, what else does everybody else use?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.