1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Book now or gamble last-minute?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Dutchfly, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travelling Vegas for 5 nights in may. Friday and Saturday is included in the trip. Booking the other days is cheap and easy. However, friday and saturday is very expensive to book any strip-hotel. Should I book anyway, or can I gamble and find a better rate on the day itself either online or at the reception?
    What are your thoughts?

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book now and keep checking.
    For a May trip you are about in the time frame where rates may be as good as they get.
    May is a very busy tourist and business month.

Make sure you book directly with the hotel and keep checking their website.
    If rates drop,just call and they will lower your rate.
    Several years ago I called Bellagio twice for lower rates on a reservation I made early.
    There are people that book two different hotels early and watch the rates.
    They cancel the more expensive one as the trip approaches.

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What he said.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd book now and keep checking. Don't forget to sign up to the email lists (via their websites) for the hotels you are interested in and check their Facebook pages.

May is a very expensive month for Las Vegas as the weather is great and three of the four weekends are "special" (Mother's Day, Canadian long weekend and US long weekend), and on top of all that it is a busy convention month as well.

From all that its going to be pretty unlikely that you will find a better rate and more likely that they are just going to go up.

5. SAFCdurham

SAFCdurham Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my trip 10 months in advance (only wanted to stay at The Mirage) and contacted the hotel whenever a better rate appeared on their website, they updated my booking each time.

I have just looked on their website for the week I'm going and it is now totally sold out!

So I guess you should book and just keep an eye on any new rates which better your current rate on the hotel's website (and don't leave it too late in case it sells out or you don't get the room you want).

6. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like everyone said, it would be better to book now and just watch for any changes. It would be awful if they just kept going up and up, or if they got sold out. Since you can cancel and rebook, or just update the price at no charge there really wouldn't be any downside to booking now.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always, always book in advance. They will honor lower prices, but will not give you lower than the rate on the day you call. All win, only potential loss.

Airlines... that is another story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.