1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Book now for nov trip or wait?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by rsees, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsees

rsees Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rates seem high for booking in november. Is it better to wait? We want to go for 10 days and trying to avoid resort fees.

2. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book now. Cancel and rebook later if prices drop.

3. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on where you want to stay. Resort fees usually aren't waived because of early or late booking that I'm aware of. Come to think of it, I don't know when if ever they are waived. To avoid resort fees, look to book at a hotel that advertises they don't have them - which puts you either off strip or in a few select downtown properties, and some hotels/motels that offer no gaming. It's just a reality of Las Vegas nowadays. However, if you have comps at a particular property that charges resort fees, the comps may kind of off set the rf's. Hope this helps.

4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lately I'm been booking trips up to 150+ days in advance. I'd rather have it booked and on my calendar.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as I can change or cancel without penalty, I reserve rooms as soon as I figure out dates (usually less than 60 days in advance and sometimes much less). I probably make hotel changes more times than not, often resulting from receiving new offers or if dates change when booking air. I don't consider anything locked in until air is booked, as ridiculously high fees (on Delta) pretty much preclude making changes. I've yet to encounter being charged resort fees on comped rooms. Have fun!

6. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book now before prices go up! If rooms rates drop you can always cancel and re-book.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't say when you are going in November... most of the month is usually pretty cheap with the exceptions being:
    Nov 5-8: the big car convention is in town
    Nov 8-11: long weekend
    Nov 28-30: US Thanksgiving

Last few years the car parts convention has been starting right at the beginning of November, but this year its creeping in a little bit and then linking up to the long weekend so that pretty much making almost the whole first half of the month expensive.

If you are thinking of going during one of the above date ranges you should probably think about booking now because rates will likely just go up otherwise.

For resort fees: you can't really avoid them. If you have comp nights somewhere some places won't charge resort fees, but you probably won't be able to get 10 nights comped up front. Otherwise for hotel choice almost everywhere on The Strip and now Downtown charge resort fees... the places that don't charge them or are off strip are mostly crappy dumps and if you are on vacation why wouldn't you want to stay at a nice place?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.