1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bob Dancer's video poker seminars

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by VideoPokerNerd, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VideoPokerNerd

VideoPokerNerd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Las Vegas from the 10th to the 15th of November and during my stay Bob Dancer is having some weekly video poker seminars at South Point on Wednesdays at 12 noon. The one during my stay will be "Secrets of a video poker winner" on the 12th. Just wondering if anyone has been to this particular class, how long it is and what is discussed.

I've been to two other BD seminars and both were quite informative. Just wondering if this partcular one is worth going to.

http://www.bobdancer.com/seminars.cfm

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to it, but I would hope it could be more useful than just learning different VP variants like his typical class. I would hope there would be some discussion of finding various promotions and how to analyze their value. This is important to be able to do to help maximize value playing VP.

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Not a Dancer veteran; dislike the man and would never attend a class to learn something I could learn alone. But as a teacher, I also know that a class like that (and one you paid for) might work well for you depending on your learning style and how you're motivated. Theoretically (pun intended), one could learn both VP skills and other advantage play skills in one class. Yet the two are very different. VP strategy is nearly all memorization and repetition. For the promotions end, one needs a certain math comfort level to even consider it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.