1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bob Dancer's columns 10/16-30

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by westie, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. AlwaysVegas

AlwaysVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting these! I just got sidetracked for 2 hours reading Bob Dancer and Jean Scott articles! They're really great!

3. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my opinion.

I only glance at Dancer's columns for entertainment purposes only. I very rarely agree with anything he writes about.

I've been a student of gambling and the psychology of what makes us do what we do and why for many years, and like anything else there are as many opinions as there are folks who have them, regardless of their educational background or accolades.

Throwing numbers around to the tune of thousands upon thousands of dollars to participate in any tournament regardless of mathematical probabilities based on algorithms of so many geniuses and computer programs seems to me to be too risky a proposition to any normal person of at least median I.Q.

Talk about risk of ruin?

It's no wonder to me why Las Vegas has the highest rate of gambling addiction and elder suicide in the nation.

Want the statistics?

Google it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.