1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bob Dancer's 9/30 column

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by westie, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting read for "advanced" players. In another thread this weekend I ended up finding out that KQJ or QJT suited was better than KK, QQ, JJ at triple bonus plus because the SF is 100 for 1.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I admit that I have not been paying attention to 3 card straight flushes. I'm sure I've missed a few.

4. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you would happen to miss EVERY 3 card SF draw, it only would cost you 0.20% return at 9/6 JoB, making it a 99.34% game if you made no other errors. It's pretty frustrating to draw to 3 to a SF, I usually have some sort of internal sigh when I get one as it rarely seems to pay off. But there are definitely worse errors out there. For example, one of the most common errors I see, breaking two pair to only hold a pair of face cards in DDB. That costs you 0.43% if the full house pays 9 for 1.

5. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any games other than full pay deuces wild where you break up two pair?

6. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tring is right that in DDB you should hold both pairs rather than holding just the face card pair.

I don't know about all games but in DDB if you had two sets of pairs and one of them is Aces, you would break the pair then and only hold the Aces.

7. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, break Aces up in DDB, TDB, TB+, Super Aces, Royal Aces, and any other niche game where 4 Aces are huge. In DB if a FH is 9 for 1 or less. Break Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks in any short pay Super Double Bonus games. Also one of the more common strip bartop games is "Colorado Deuces" (25/16/13/4/3/2 = 96.77%) where the full house pays 3 like FPDW, so you would break two pair for that game too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.