1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bob Dancer's 3/19 column

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by westie, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

LOL this fukkwad never fails to disappoint. Halfway through the column I was thinking "hey he hasn't sad anything completely d0uchey"...and then he hits you with this:

Pete being some stranger who walked up to him and Dancer of course assumes that Pete (and the rest of us) must be broke and in shock over seeing someone drop 20k......what a friggin sock-sniffer.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I can't fathom writing that column for as long as Dancer has written it. It's stupefying, given the limited scope of the subject matter.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think he just likes talking about himself and each week finds a new way to pat himself on the back.

5. ken2v

There is that. :thumbsup:

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, after I hit "SUBMIT REPLY" I was thinking that when you said "given the limited scope of the subject matter" maybe thats what you were referring to - Bob Dancer writing about himself... :) :) :)

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read a few of his posts once and I agree they are retarded.

Why does someone always post a link to these when a new one comes out?

8. ken2v

I'd not call it retarded, 'cause I think Dancer is one of the people who really opened up a lot of eyes to the why, how and potential of VP (Singerians excluded). But it's like any franchise, it is tough to sustain. Hell, Caddyshack only had to go to an additional installment to hit the shitter.

9. Loonar

Loonar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually appreciate Westie posting this link on a regular basis. Although I may not always agree/like Bob Dancer's style, I generally find something of interest in most of his writings.

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I appreciate westie posting them as well. I like reading them for sheer entertainment value.

And I'm sure some VP players especially AP players like to read about his experiences since they have similar goals as he does and can probably pick up some tips here and there. After they sift through his narcissism that is...

11. ken2v

Westie's been providing links and content, here and at LVA, for many many years.

Don't shoot the messenger.

12. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope Westie continues to link the articles. I've learned a lot about video poker via BD's articles and book.

I also learned a lot from posters here, including links, such as vpfree2 - handy to search for decent video poker (JOB 9/6 or better odds) through-out the Vegas valley.

Wizard of odds - provides strategy. (I have bought cards for my three games - Dueces Wild, Jacks or Better and Double Bonus).

Last, but certainly not least, the excellent blog run by Royal Flusher, one of the best writers on the internet.

VP trip reports by RF, Cruiser, BeeJay & his crew, Dewey, Buddah and others are both entertaining and informative. VP is a great way to relax, drink, and have a decent chance of winning / staying close to even playing a machine with a good pay table. I've shifted my play from nearly all blackjack to BJ, VP and Live Poker, and my trips are more satisfying and enjoyable. I likely wouldn't have played VP without this website. I previously thought all slots and video poker machines were minimum 1-2% negative expectation proposition.

13. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

+1 Keep posting them Westie. They are appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.