1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boarding pass printed

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Turtleman, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems that many folks get excited as soon as they book a trip, even several months out. Others keep their enthusiasm in check until a couple weeks or days before departure. Personally, I hardly think about it until the boarding pass has been printed. (I guess that's what happens after 100 trips.) But now that the ink is still wet, I placed my bid to be bumped, and will try to figure out what to pack, I'm starting to get excited. I'm also concerned how I'll enjoy a solo trip to the same places I used to frequent with my ex significant other. Oh well, as long as they don't run out of booze. Scotch - it's not just for breakfast anymore! :D

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip is in mid April. I'm over here scouring frontier and spirit airlines to see if there's a way to swing a weekend trip on the cheap. I would have been taking a feb, Valentine's, or a march madness trip if it weren't for George Strait. [emoji16]

3. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scotch is appropriate at all times, that's why they make so many different flavors. Speysides are perfect for breakfast, especially Dalwinnie or Glenlivet 15 with the sweet honey notes!

4. Spivderman

Spivderman Macallan 17, please!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are going to have a great trip! Gamble and eat at one new place you have never visited before. Let us follow along to keep you company...

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never went solo until the last trip and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to print my boarding pass in 8 more days. Oh the hubs is going on this trip though.

Sema Show
  6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun/Good luck!

Is this your first ever solo trip?
    (I've never been without my wife.)

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo trips are what you make of them. In Vegas, everyone is my friend. :) Sit at the bar, when available, at restaurants. Be open to talking to strangers. Have a good attitude. It will make a difference in your trip.

Oh, and hit a big win or two. That will help even more than the scotch. :wink2:

8. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't done a solo trip. I'm sure it could be a lot of fun, my wife and I have greatly different gambling preferences so we split up a lot and I always end up having a great time. Hmm.....

But seriously, being able to take the time to really savor some things that other people don't always find enjoyable without worrying about someone else gives you a lot of freedom. If you're actually into scotch, Delmonico at V/P and RiRa in the shops between Mandalay Bay and Luxor both have great whisky lists. You could indulge in a top-shelf dram and take all the time you wanted to experience it.

But as Sonya said, just be open. I had a fantastic time last October sitting in a sports book watching a full day's worth of baseball playoffs and talking to the fans of different teams as they drifted in and out throughout the day. My wife would have been bored silly and wanting to go after less than an hour.

Or try doing a live TR. I thought that was fun and it's like having a small community with you.

I find having fun solo is all about the attitude...in can be work, but if you go expecting to have a good time, you probably will ! Have a great trip, win big, and let us know how it goes!

PS. Sonya is wrong about the scotch ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.