1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Blueberries, food processor...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by HoyaHeel, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got a new food processor (holiday gift card:thumbsup:) Have some blueberries in the freezer I want to use. What should I make??? Blueberry pierogies? Blueberry hand pies? Blueberry ricotta pie?

Tomorrow, I will be using the variable size slicing blade on potatoes to go with the slow cooker pot roast. On Sunday, I am shredding cabbage to make "naked eggrolls". I love new kitchen toys!!! And they're rare in my house because I tend not to want a lot of "gadgets" around. But my old (larger size) food processor hasn't been doing well for a while so I thought I'd get a new one....And I opted for a fancy one:cheers:

What else should I try with it??:wave:

2. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Homemade Peanut Butter!

I recieved a new kitchen aid FP as well, to compliment my older one. I'm really liking the variable blade myself to make a huge weekly salad.

Hadn't thought about slicing spuds though. Good idea.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on reviews, I actually went with a cuisinart fp with variable blade - replacing an older KA model. I had originally planned to get the new KA. Ah well.

I'm on a super restrictive diet right now, so no peanut butter (and foolish me, I read food blogs and someone yesterday made a fabulous homemade nutella that would be IDEAL to break in the new appliance. Argh!!)

4. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember, back in the 70's, my mother wanted a cuisinart, and took me every Saturday to the store to watch their "cooking classes", more like advertisements. Anyway, she ended up buying one, but not being a cook, it still sits on her counter, in like new condition.

I think my wife was a bit dissappointed when she realized the FP I had, but kept above the fridge, turned out to be a Kitchen Aid. Either way, the new one still is an improvement.

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about some kind of Blueberry Liqueur? Like home made Lemoncello, only with blueberries? Blueberry juice is healthy, better than cranberry juice and is naturally sweet.

6. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make some really healthy smoothies. The blueberries make the taste of kale (sp?) and other less than attractive ingredients go away and you get nothing but the great taste. Use bananas and other sweet things to get a great taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.