1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

blue man group savings?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by kitson, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

this trip will be the after 21st birthday trip for my son. his sister, who got treated two years ago during spring break will be flying in, maybe with a friend, and one or two of my sons friends may be joining, though they had better be with getting their airfare.

son's request for a show is blue man group, the question is how many tickets, i will treat the group, as soon as i know how many. minimum4, maybe as many as 7 or so.

does tix for tonight do blue man group?

i will be there on monday the 28th, wife and son early on thursday the 31st, and daughter a little later. i will know how many others, and when, by the time i leave, so if tix for tonight has bmg, can i buy them a couple days ahead of time?

any other options as far as saving some money on these tickets?

thanks for your help!

2. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my family saw them last year we used ticketmaster(or whatever the service is on the official venetian site).

I see "35SMART" out there right now. I have seen "40SMART" and I think we used "50SMART". 35%-50% off depending on the code.

I would just try the codes and see if they take it.

I don't know if tix2night has them or not. My luck with using them has been pretty bad in that for the 3-4 shows that I have seen that they had, they were either the same price or more. My guess is that they would have tickets for them. When I went to a show last year, there were plenty of seats available. If you can get 40-50% off with the coupons above, I would just buy them now though.

3. Sunbeamblue2002

Sunbeamblue2002 Tourist

Just saw the show last Sun and used the Smart35 code. I belive that is the current code. Don't know if Tix tonight had them but I did get to choose my own seats with the Smart35 code.

4. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

Savings on the tickets but loosing on the experience...?
    Just make sure your good price is for good seats.
    I suggest FRONT ORCH, ROWS G,H,I,J,K as center as possible.
    The further back you get or off to the far sides...the FUN is effected.
    TIX4TONIGHT usually has 'em....most of their sales are 'same day'
    'Some'...are one day in advance, call 'em and ask. 1.877.849.4868
    www.tix4tonight.com

5. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

thanks for both the codes and that toll free number.

greg, i respect your knowledge. i have seen bmg before, i know the show has probably changed some since then, so please go ahead and give me some details as to why a seat on the side might diminish the experience for my kids.

6. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call and ask if they are still doing the daily rush tickets. They've been either $55 each or two-for-$99. They are sold the day of the performance and you can choose from any remaining unsold seat. There are usually plenty of unsold seats everywhere in the theater, so it shouldn't be a problem, but just know that you would not be assured of 7 together in the best area. Have your son bring his student ID.

GREGRIO is right about seating. Since you've seen BMG before, you know that the cast does not talk. So everything is done through body language and facial expressions. Sitting up close is important to see those expressions. But you don't want to be TOO close because (1) it's a very high tech show with full use of the stage and you want to be able to take it all in without having to turn your head and (2) the first few rows put you at risk of being pelted by banana puree.

Being centered is important also because they use layering of LED displays. So sitting off to one side may cause, for example, the front right LED display to block the right rear LED display AND the left rear LED display.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.