1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Blackout Date Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Ezzy711, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was given an offer directly from the Mirage back at the end of last year. It was way above what I had been offered before or since. I had to book by 1/31/13 and travel by 5/29/13. In early Jan I booked for 4/9-4/13. The offer was for 3 nights and I booked 4, so paying for one. Subsequently they announce the Country Music Awards at the MGM. Now all offers I have for any MGM property now have 4/9 has a blackout date. I need to call them back to give them the time for my limo pickup and am afraid they will say something about the dates and I will end up getting screwed out the promised suite. Do they normally honor bookings made before blackout dates?

You know how they say "if it's too good to be true..." I know I'll probably never get an offer this good as I'm just a lowly gold small fry and now afraid they'll pull the rug out from under me. I would hope once you are booked there is no taking it back even if it always says subject to change without notice.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way they would do that if your booking is already confirmed.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you will be just fine. Call and arrange your limo so you can quit worrying about it :).

4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whewww. Thanks! What really annoyed me is that I'm not even a country music fan. If I got in under the wire of something why couldn't it be something I would like to attend?

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A confirmed reservation is all you need. They do not go back and change things.

If you are at all concerned, you could skip the Limo - spend $18 for a cab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.