1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Blackjack

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Backagain1, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the best way for me to learn BlackJack for my trip in July?

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also print out this and take it with you.

Or purchase one of the strategy cards from just about any store in Vegas.

I also recommend looking for an empty table if possible for your first session. The dealers are more than happy to help out.
    If you can't find an empty table then find a table and watch for a few hands.
    Usually you will get a vibe on if the other players are social or if your just going to be a bother to the other player(s) as BJ players can be a bit touchy with newbies. :wink2:

5. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I was looking at the other links and wondering if there was something I could print out.

:) On the touchy/newbie info!

6. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Louie Anderson years ago in vegas, He kind of summed up gambling in his routine. The blackjack part was great "if you dont know how to play, dont worry all of the other players will tell you how to play" My advice is follow the basic strategy cards and err on the side of taking a little time to make your decision. If you are at a table with people who aren't intense A-holes, ask them what they would do on your hand. Usually they will be nice and say "I would stand" or "I would hit/split/double there".

8. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I see a player with a card at the table, I always ask if I may see it. I'm curious if the strategy is correct for the game/rules being playing. Unfortunately it's almost ALWAYS WRONG!

I clicked on the link, and this card is 100% correct for a H17 game. Nice to see.

Good post dutchvelvet!

9. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A great place to learn is the Dealertainer pit at The Quad. The dealers are very friendly and are more than willing to provide advice for first timers. Plus, with the more laid back setting the players at the table aren't going to get irritated with you for not being an expert. The Bette Midler and Alice Cooper/Sting Dealertainers are the ones to seek out; Tina Turner's great, too.

10. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While dealers can certainly be helpful on the basics of playing (how to place your bet, how to signal that you want to hit, stand, etc.) don't always trust them with advice on when to hit/stand/double/split. I've heard some crazy shit said from dealers when players have asked for advice. The links provided earlier would be your best bet. Blackjack is a fun game to play, learn a bit about it and have a great time in Vegas!

11. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Practice, practice, practice!

Blackjackinfo.com is a nice free site that has an excellent basic strategy trainer, and also generates basic strategy charts for any combination of decks/rules:

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/

12. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blackjackinfo.com is from the same guy who sells the strategy card that was linked to in a previous post. One thing I'll say about strategy is that if you study a stand on soft 17 strategy and play a hit on soft 17 game I don't think there is much difference in EV that you're giving up.

OP, one thing to be wary of is don't play a game with a 6:5 payout on naturals. The house edge goes way up with a 6:5 payout.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.