1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Blackjack Tournament

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by 7out7, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7out7

7out7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all, my GF and I were comped entries into a Blackjack Tournament at Planet Hollywood. I believe it's called Summerfest, or something similar. Anyone have any insight or past experience of what we can expect? What are the rules, how long does it take, etc?

Thanks

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know the details of this particular event but tournament blackjack play is a lot different than regular blackjack play (or at least it should be if you want to win). There's a good book on it, Tournament Blackjack by Stanford Wong. But of course it does depend on how this particular tournament is set up, the format and the rules.

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have played BJ tourneys on ships--now that is always a much smaller field, but strategy remains the same. Your goal is different at different stages in the tourney.
    Depending on the structure your strategy will change.
    They could
    A--have 2 from each table advance. Then obviously, watch your betting & how big of stacks others at your table have & what they are betting.
    B--have the largest stacks overall advance. If this is the case, playing in later rounds is the most advantageous as they usually post the stack sizes. Then you know what you need to get to advance.
    Tourney BJ strategy is quite different--you might split cards you would never split or hit hands you would never hit if you need to be aggressive to improve your chip stack. You might slow down your betting if if have been hot & everyone else at the table is cold. (if 2 from table advance)
    Now, when you get in the money, you have to decide your strategy--some stick to standard strategy & hope the odds will play out. Others play quite aggessively to win. (this can backfire...)
    Have fun!

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it's a whole different game. Betting rotates too (who bets first, second, etc...).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.