1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Blackjack Tournament

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by suthrnoutlw, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suthrnoutlw

suthrnoutlw Tourist

Feb 19, 2008
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be playing in my first blackjack tournament next weekend at Planet Hollywwod on a comp from CET. I dont play much blackjack but know the basic rules. Have never participated in a tourney and would like a general idea of what it will be like and any tips or hints I might could use...

2. agentq

agentq Low-Roller

Feb 5, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't played CET BJ tournaments, but some basic aspects:
    - finite number of hands played per round (e.g., 18)
    - max bet enforced until final hand
    - advancement to next round can be on a per-table basis, or across the entire pool
    - bet-placement is done in sequence, and sometimes there is a 'button' (as in poker) that moves around
    - chips may be carried over from round to round, or may refresh at each round.

In my experience, enough people get over-aggressive in the first round to bust out, such fairly conservative play is warranted in round 1 (i.e., don't get felted and you will progress).

With 18 hands and 6 players on a 6 deck shoe, counting may help inform your bets a bit later in the shoe.

At the cosmo recently, the set up was fresh chip stackeach round, and advancement on a per-table basis... that was interesting.
  3. vsop

vsop Low-Roller

Apr 1, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two things:

- watch/count the chip stack of the other players at your table to help determine your bet and

- advancing to the next round is either by winning the most chips or losing the fewest chips...so, if you've been getting face cards, then bet heavy...if you're getting stiff hands, then you might bet light, until later in the round to bet heavy to catch up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.