1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Blackjack card counting

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by steelcity5044, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelcity5044

steelcity5044 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't access your link from work due to firewalls but it is hard to beat a simple high low count for casual play. It's pretty easy and the strategy modifications make sense until you get to extreme counts which you will almost never see on the shoe games. I don't play this game for profit anymore. Volatility was massive and the perceived heat from the pit was stressful. I will still vary the bets enough to break even but not enough for the pit critters to care.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, but it sounds interesting.

Easier than even high/low, but likely does not grant the same edge either. Probably sufficient to get you betting with an advantage when you get a good count, but not enough of one to have an overall edge in the game.

Not distinguishing from 10s and neutral cards, and then not tracking aces separately would make the number less precise. It would also probably mean you could not alter strategy as much based on count.

4. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds very similar to the Golden Touch Blackjack system. Wizard of odds said that one was 1/3 to 1/2 as effective as regular hi-lo counting.

5. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is pretty much me as well... but I've never even tried to count a shoe game (except a long time go when there were 4-deck shoes). I play DD almost exclusively...but when I do play a 6/8 deck shoe, I flat bet & play basic strategy only.
    I've been using what used to be called the "Simple Plus/Minus" count forever... I think that's what called "Hi-Lo" today. (2-6 plus-cards; 7-9 neutral; 10-A minus-cards). I track Aces separately & sometimes 5s. I spread 1-4 units, with ever-so-rare 5-unit bet.
    Haven't caught any heat in many years, but then my base-bet these days is only $10...& that's probably why they don't care about me.

Seems like forever from now, but the flights are booked, so it counts!
  6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seriously doubt anyone would sweat you over a spread of 4 even at higher bet levels. I'd think worst case they'd start shuffling on you sooner if you did at at higher levels. We are really talking perfect bs and counting and great rules to even eek out a theoretical edge at that level.

Especially since a lot of double deck games don't have a great penetration.

Do you ever spread hands as well as bets?

7. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope...hardly ever play more than one hand...only exceptions are when I'm playing solo against the dealer on a very positive count... if my session bankroll is running low, I'll go two $20s instead of a single $40...just to minimize variance.
    But that doesn't happen too often...whenever I'm head-to-head at a table, it's usually only a matter of minutes before others magically appear.

Because I almost always play DD, if I get a really good count, it's typically only for one hand, and then a shuffle... so I figure playing two hands doesn't really cost me anything in terms of the next hand...but again, I only do that if I'm the only player.

Seems like forever from now, but the flights are booked, so it counts!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.