1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Blackjack at Excalibur & the Trop

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by topcard, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So...who can tell me about two-deck blackjack conditions at these two places?
    I will playing at both on this next trip.

I know what the wizard has from way-back in February, but I was hoping to hear from some of y'all that have actually played there recently.

Thanks!
    :beer:

2. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trop:

Main Floor - $25.00 2 deck H17, DAS, RSA, No Surrender, great "strip rules" for the price.
    HL - $50-100.00 2 deck S17 with same rules listed above.

3. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, fire... I'll probably give that $25 game a shot.
    If the the $10 2-deck game is still at Excal, and still allows DAS, I'll start there and move to the Trop after I (hopefully) win a bit.
    It's been so long since I've payed a S17 game, I'll actually have to re-review basic strategy for the differences... but hey - if I'm up a few hundred, I'll probably give the $50 game a shot as well.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't find that game anywhere near the Excalibur.

MGM Grand had a six-deck, S17 table with a $10 minimum on Sunday. My mouth dropped open when I saw that and I immediately parked my butt there.

5. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^^ Makes you wonder if people even read the OP. :rolleyes2:

According to the June 2013 CBJN there is indeed a double deck game that allows DAS at Excal starting at $10 (H17 of course).

I can’t vouch for the accuracy as I haven’t played there in years. But it is usually much more accurate (and certainly much more up to date) than the Wizard's survey and a helluva lot better than vpfree is for VP.

That said, if ams722 has first hand knowledge that the game doesn't exist, I'd be more inclined to believe him/her than the survey.

7. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't say with 100% certainly that the excal game didn't exist, I just don't know when it would. I didn't see such a game when I was there in March. I'm not sure what times I was through there though. I have to guess that it is only early in the morning. Anytime in the evening even if it does exist, good luck getting a seat. Any $10 table at night is going to be packed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.