1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Blackjack App Update/Shaq Blackjack

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Harry Lyme, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure how I feel about the new daily bonus and 4-hour bonus. Like many, I survive through the daily bonuses so to see they've gone to the pick a box method...and I pick 15 mins of double XP with almost no coins left...kinda irritated me.

On a decent note, while the Shaq games are take it or leave it, I like that you get a good amount of LPs when you meet your collectible card goals in the Shaq Blackjack (500 for the first level completed, 1K for the second).

2. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just glad for a change-up. I was getting bored.

3. Tokennut

Tokennut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I *hate* it... 3 boxes... 8 loyalty points each box, used to be 9600 chips for 3. And I collected all 10 Shaq, but not fast enough I guess, and got ZERO loyalty points.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hate it as well. 8 LP yesterday, 50 just now. Big whoop dee doo. I'm going to delete the app.

5. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You on the Amazon version? They were still available this morning to earn.

I got 50 LPs from the bonus box. No coins earned since the change. Still not digging this. I will be playing it less and less as mobile codes still don't even work for it.

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hoped this wasn't the replacement for the daily spin. I also received 8 LP this morning. This will cause me to play a lot less, not more..... I guess the test is to see if we'll start buying the red chips needed to play?

7. powersof10

powersof10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been trying out the new game a bit to see how it plays. Can't tell if the double up feature is a good bet. One strategy change I've been making is to double down on on my 10's vs. dealer 10 since the highest the dealer can have in this case is 19.

8. Tokennut

Tokennut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on the itunes for iphone app..... it sucks! finally got 50 LP later today, but I want chips. I can't play with LP. I thought the whole point was to get me comfortable with playing blackjack. I'm heading to Vegas in May, and was thinking I might finally try it. But can't practice if no money.... stupid!

I want LPS but I want chips too... that is what makes it fun! I don't get any grief for playing with ipad / phone if I'm earning us free stuff with it.

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that's one strategy change worth making.

"ShaqJack" is mostly a ripoff of "Burn 20 Blackjack".

http://wizardofodds.com/games/burn-20-blackjack/

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  10. powersof10

powersof10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool, didn't realize it was already a game. I sometimes wonder how knowledgeable the myvegas game developers are about black jack. Every once in a while on regular blackjack I'll get "bold play" for plays that are in keeping with basic strategy. And it lets you split any 10 value cards regardless if they are matching. (not that you'd ever do that)

11. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really despise how you don't gain LP's on level up or on completing MyStrip challenges. What a terrible development for this app.

12. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you're on Android. Ditch that zero and get it from the Amazon App store.

I finally got a bit of luck tonight. I got 40K in chips from the daily box, and used that to unlock the next room, netting 1K in LPs. Then on the Facebook version my daily spin finally landed on 500 LPs, getting me 2250 after the multiplier and friends.

The new BJ still irritates me, but I'll keep collecting the LPs for now.

13. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the Amazon App store version, unfortunately.

14. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know what I just opened the app and saw that. Ouch, not good. Not at all. I hadn't even looked at that since the update.

15. Darvin

Darvin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems the changes will accomplish two things, the new variants help freshen things up so long term players like that. It seems the real goal is to make us buy chips because daily bonus and four hour bonus seem to be all gold coins now. I will never pay for chips but a lot of people do, so revenue will go up. Just not from me

16. neminem

neminem Low-Roller

Yeah... I think it's pretty hilarious that they want to just give us free lp every day without actually asking us to play the game at all first...but whatever. I'll take my free lp, and play the game on however many chips they feel like giving us; I'm not paying them for the privilege. Which, that said, I'm also rather happy with this update, because holy crap is shaq blackjack ever in our favor. I've played many dozens of hands, probably hundreds at this point, at 10-20k a hand, started with ~50k chips and I'm up to ~300k now. Dealer not being allowed to start with 20 feels huge.

It is rather too bad that we no longer get lp for completing challenges, but at the same time... it's also only fair. It was pretty dumb that they let iphone users, and Android users who knew the secret trick, get more lp than the vast majority of android users who didn't know that trick cause it's not like they tell you about it anywhere.

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's definitely not in our favor unless they misprogrammed. You're just running good.

ShaqJack is worse than the game it's based on and that game "Burn 20 Blackjack" has a house edge of 0.8%. Push 22 costs the player a large 6.91%.

This strategy will work well for ShaqJack.
    http://wizardofodds.com/games/burn-20-blackjack/

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  18. TXTriper

TXTriper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just noticed this change last night on my iPad. 200k XP vs 50-100LP...for completing journeys/quests. Dumb.

19. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are some BJ mobile codes popping up now. Just redeemed 3 for 15K in coins.

74PJVF6N
    743WRFAN
    74KMLSLC

20. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.