1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Blackjack and getting rated decisions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by critchtc21, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Feb 6, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play at CET and was platinum for CET, but now now. I play strictly blackjack. I am will be going this year in May.

I will sit down at a table and my very first bet will be $15. I will play 25$ minimum sometimes. However, I progressively bet. So i will only be at that $15 very seldom. So even when I am not even running well I would imagine my average bet will be $25. If I am running well my average bet could be near $100 later in the session. Which is what happened last time I was there and turned $200 in to $6000.

Anyway, My question is: should I wait a little bit to give them my rewards card instead of giving it to them when I sit down. I would think this would be better as they would see my first bet of $15 and not do anything with it and maybe ignore me.
  2. KnotGillty

KnotGillty Low-Roller

Jan 29, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    For example purposes, if I'm at a $25 table, I try to make my first few bets at $50 while the pit boss is watching my action. When he leaves, I back my bet down to the table minimum and then progress bets from there depending on hot streaks. If the pit boss comes back over while I'm at the table minimum, I try to bump my bet back up until he leaves again. I feel like this gives me a chance at a better overall rating.

Of course, this strategy is impossible if the pit critter stays at your table full time, such as in a high limit room, or if no other tables in the pit have active players.

If he enters you into the system at $50, it stays there until he comes back to the table to reevaluate the action. This can sometimes be an extended period if the pit critter has a full set of tables to watch.

Also, if I leave a cold table to find a new table, I always prefer to buy in with cash (instead of using chips from the previous table). Just one of my little vegas superstitions. Buy in with cash and visit the cage often.

Lastly, it never hurts to ask what you were rated at when you leave a table. It's not unheard of to have your rating changed, especially if you've been friendly with the dealer and he can back up your claims of what you have been betting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.