1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BJ comps Mirage

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bagpipe1, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagpipe1

bagpipe1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What comps, if any, does a BJ player at $25 per hand get for 6 to 8 hours of play a day? At that level can a player expect a buffet comp after a couple of hours of play?

I am a downtown regular and just don't know what to expect for an upcoming trip to the Mirage.

Thanks for any help on this.

2. bacclover

bacclover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BJ is a very low house-edge game. That level of play can get you buffet for 2 at most.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me specifically answer as it regards the Mirage. I was there two weekends ago where I played $140 a hand for 15 hours. My brother was with me, and he played mostly quarters.

Often, they didn't even rate him. We didn't know it at the time, but on Sunday morning when he checked, he only got rated for 3 hours and 20 minutes at about $30 per, even though he had played at least 8 hours or so at a combination of BJ and Craps.

For my theo, I got 1.1 * my average bet * number of hours. This was measured when I had 13 hours of play at $139...my theo was $1628. It may have actually been 1.0 * my average bet, since I had a little slot and VP in there, but not a ton.

So if you played 8 hours at $25 and got rated accurately, you'd have 8*1.1*25 as your theo, or $220. For this you could expect about 35% in primary comps, or $77.

So to answer your question, first, you need to make sure you get rated accurately. Do this by checking at the players club after your sessions, or by talking to the pit boss.

Charge stuff to your room and see a host before you check out. They'll take the stuff off of your bill.

4. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    also depends if you arent staying there,if not a hotel guest and you do the 7 straight hours at 25 a hand they will probaly write a comp for buffett ,if your hotel guest they will have you charge it to your room and use your express comps ans see a host to see if they can take off any extras

5. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My theo for my January trip at the mirage playing mainly craps works out to .8077 times my ave bet (212) times hours (35.25)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.