1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BJ Comps Aria vs Bellagio

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nygambler88, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may or may not get offers. I tend to not get them very often. But I've called a host from another property and he basically matched the offer I got from MC. And I know other people who have called MC after playing other MGM properties and got an offer from an MC host.

From corporate, all I get now are the generic 'gold MLife' offers which aren't good. But I call and get a very competitive offer.

Bottom line, if you play black chip BJ, someone is going to take care of you at mid tier MGM properties. I've heard stories of guys stopping into NYNY to play in their HL room, and having hosts hand them cards.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you like playing with other people, the HL room isn't the best place. most people in HL want to play by themselves or with their friends. i've never sat down at a table with someone else playing because i think it's kind of rude if there are other tables available. i know i wouldn't want someone to sit down at my table when there are other tables available. if you really want to play with someone, it would be OK to ask if you can join them, but definitely not mid-shoe.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ask before joining any BJ table, HL or otherwise. I just think maybe on the floor people don't realize that if they say 'no' I'll find another spot.

At the MC HL room, they only have two tables -- one shoe game and one double deck -- so it's hard to say no to someone who wants to play, because there's nowhere else for them to go.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the answer to that is YES.

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's actually pretty interesting to hear. From the comps you've talked about, I always assumed you were betting far more than that, but you're actually pretty close to my level -- this last trip my sessions were all at a $75-80 average bet, but I unfortunately didn't get to spend enough time gambling, maybe 7-8 hours total over three days. I should be at around the same average bet the next trip (Thanksgiving weekend), with a $5k-ish bankroll and way more time for playing craps, so I'm optimistic that it'll at least generate some better offers in the future.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do believe that I get some comp consideration because I've shown on a couple of occasions that I'm willing to blow through my entire bankroll. I can't confirm that, but it certainly doesn't hurt me.

My host consistently tells me he needs 4 hours a day at $100 for a room, but my offers don't reflect that at all. So I'm not 100% sure what to believe. But I do know that the numbers that I'm quoting are exactly what the hotel rated me at for those 3 trips.

Edit: and all my trips are 2 days. In 3 of my last four trips I've lost 4 to 5 K over the two days.

7. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all of the info guys it is much appreciated.

Mike it is good to see you got those offers at a betting level that is similar to mine, I'm hoping the losing part doesn't play too much into it as I'd like to go home with at least a few bucks

8. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might also want to check out NYNY and Mirage as they have the games that you are interested in. NYNY has DD for $100 in their HL room. At Mirage you can find the DD with S17 out on the main floor for $25 depending on the day/time and they also have a 6 deck shoe with the good rules available for $25 also on the main floor.

9. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also most places allow betting on 2 spots for $25 each at a $25 shoe game ... you don't have to go 2X the min at a shoe game at the $25 and up tables.

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trust me, I'd like to go home with money one time too!

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just out of curiosity, Mike, how did you wind up with your host in the first place? I ask because although I've been to Vegas a million times and know the place like the back of my hand (in part because it's related to my professional life), I've only recently gotten to the $75-100 gambling level, and though I've gotten plenty of marketing offers, I've never had an assigned host before.

12. gamblersruin

gamblersruin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a trip where I popped into the HL room at Monte Carlo; first time in any HL room. Was staying at Caesars but like the OP i've been looking for a home base to play good blackjack. Played for a few hours at $50 min the first day and was practically by myself the whole time. The floor guy Mike almost instantly asked me if I had a host. I didn't so he called one down, guy seemed pretty cool so I'll see what he can do for me next time. I've never had a host before so we'll see how it goes. Then I had to call it a day after breaking even to go see Absinthe, but what worries me is the 2nd day. Just a terrible run of cards and multiple double/split body blows and i blew through ~3k way too quickly, maybe 90min. So I'm thinking my theo was shot and I'm curious to see what my host does with that.

13. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks RC- Can I ask when and where you were playing that you didn't have to bet double the min.? All the other info here says that you will have to at most properties so it'd be a nice surprise.

14. raspus

raspus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Mirage you can play 2 spots at the table minimum. I did this last Sept. at a $25 table.

15. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's kind of a long, roundabout story. I had just got back from Iraq, so I hadn't had any play in a long time. A friend and I went to vegas and stayed at NYNY. I got crushed (like $3000 in the first 90 minutes of VP crushed) and basically didn't win all weekend.

When I got home, I was looking to book an offer for a return trip with my wife. But I didn't have any offers -- they hadn't cycled through from my play yet. So I contacted a host at NYNY to see if they could give me an offer. She said basically that summer offers weren't out yet, and she couldn't do anything. Totally useless to me. So on a whim, I emailed a host at the MC. I get back a one line email -- 'we'll take care of you. Call me.'

So I called him and he offered me a basic room comp, which I took because it was the best thing I had. Then the summer offers came out and I had an offer for a suite. Called the host, and he upgraded me. Basically gave me what I was getting anyway. But I took it, and he's taken care of us ever since. Now I don't even have offers from corporate, but I call him, tell him the days and he gives me an offer on the spot. Plus it's just convenient because he books my shows, dinner reservations, etc.

So in my case, basically I just asked. I guess that would have been a shorter version of the story. The catch is, the host didn't really do anything for me on the first trip. But he helped me a lot on the second and third.

16. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info Raspus, do you know if this applies on some of the higher limit tables as well $50-$100 (I know still low relatively speaking)?

17. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike, last New Years Eve I did see a two $50 hand tables at the Monte Carlo...but your right normally I never see $50 a hand tables on the main floor. I usually sit by myself in the HL room at $100 a hand.

18. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what applies today may not tomorrow and what doesn't apply today may tomorrow. you'll just have to wait and see what they are allowing when you get there. but in general, as limits go up the rules get less restrictive, not more. so if something is allowed at $25 tables, it will be allowed at $50 and up as well.

19. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Shifter, I wish I had more to offer in the conversation than just questions but I really appreciate all the advice/insights from all of you guys.

20. gamblersruin

gamblersruin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What the floor guy in the MC HL room told me directly was that at any table $25 and up you can play multiple hands at whatever the minimum is each. Shoe you can play the whole table if you want, DD 3 hands, SD 2 hands (iirc). I'm not sure whether he said this was only at the Monte Carlo but he did mention something about all the MGM properties; but like Shifter you never know. I think the guy was trying to sell playing at MGM props since I was staying at Caesar's this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.