1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Birthday Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LaysDownAMonster, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Today is my 40th, which to be frank just kind of sucks.

Tomorrow, however, I will be in Las Vegas so it is all good!
    This trip wil be the first time in many many years I'm not staying in an upper end property the whole time. I'm giving the Flamingo go room a shot, If you've read my other thread, you know becuase duh they have a shower that is not in a tub :nono:

So I get in Thursday afternoon and have approximately 40 hours to get drunk and gamble like a fool all by myself :drunk:
    Or to Stay sober and grind poker tables. I honestly haven't decided yet. Perhaps a mixture....:ssst:

And then on Saturday, my lovely wife joins me and we are headed over to the Vdara to give it a try. We will prolly go to a show and eat at a nice place or two. We will definitely drink some and gamble some too, but she is more of a lets find a $10table or a 25cent slot machine kind of a gal on that front...

2. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Birthday:beer:

Have fun and win big:beer:

GET DRUNK AND BE SOMEBODY--LOL

:peace:

3. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy 40th Birthday :drunk:

Have a great time by yourself - drinking, gambling, and showering in a free-standing shower :wink2:

4. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For your 40th I say get drunk and gamble like a fool sounds like the best plan! Good luck and happy birthday!

5. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twas the eve before Vegas

Thanks for the good lucks and encouragement to get drunk and be somebody in a shower....

I Survived the b-day dinner with friends and family relatively unscathed. They did sing, but no sombreros or black balloons. I guess it pays to have mostly older friends. My wife did manage to track down my best friend from high school, who I haven't seen in about two years and get him to come out. That was really nice to see him. Bonus he turns 40 in February and we are talking about going to Vegas for his b-day now!

My plan, since I have to work tomorrow till about 2pm then it's straight to airport, was to head to bed early, rest up to party like I was still 39 in Vegas. Lol.
    But of course neurotic triple checking my packing struck. And now I'm not so tired anyways.

I read here about someone tipping with $2 bills, so I ran by the bank and bingo. They had 200 worth. By poker math that is 100 drinks and a few happy cocktail waitresses. Better go to bed afterall.

More tomorrow.

6. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    happy birthday!!! goodluck!!!

i would say hit the poker tables... if you are up stay sober... if you are even get drunk and set a limit... if you are down... get drunk and act a fool LOL.

7. ginbaby

ginbaby Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Birthday! I am going saturday for my birthday as well. Good Luck.

8. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waiting is the Hardest Part

Set to leave work in 1 hour and 8 minutes. Tic Toc. Tic Toc.

9. LaRae

LaRae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great birthday trip!! :beer:

10. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    order doubles!!

11. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Part 1, the flight

So I get to the airport on time, but get my bag sent through the X-ray 5 times. Damn buck-ees magnets I use as card cover. Once the found them no problem. On my way. Miss my preboarding due to delay. Have to swim upstream to find spot for carry-on.

Crammed against window. And during takeoff the telenovela begins. Hispanic well dressed brietling watch wearing 50ish sits middle. His stunning 20 something fried takes the aisle.

God I wish I didn't speak Spanish for the better part of the next three hours. She starts pestering him about when he is going to leave his wife. How if he died she would have nothing. Her house is in his name etc. I won't bore you with rest. Suffice to say she wept balled even about 5 times during flight. He would comfort her, argument ensue again repeat. BAD BEAT #1.

Plane 30 late. BAD BEAT #2

Excuse all typos working off iPhone......

12. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shower in a Tub

So I check in. Supposed to have go room. They have a mini-suite for me. I say ok does it have a shower. They say yes. I say ok. Go up to room. Old renovated circa 1985. Tiny bathroom shower tub combo. Bedroom aside no a/c vents. I march back down. I never do this for reference bit I'm 40 and cranky now :)

They don't have any Go rooms at all.......

Bad Beat again!

Drunken debauchery coming next installment.

13. Carol1113

Carol1113 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sure it will get better and you will have a great time :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.