1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Big Juicy

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ClownHo, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    couldn't resist flipping channels at the break in the current NCAA game on CBS. turned to "wife swap" on ABC. a woman who calls herself "Big Juicy" is a Vegas "over the hill" party girl who goes out at night with her "manny." this dude lives with Juicy, her egghead husband and their child, and goes by the moniker of "Princess." Juicy and Princess go to the clubs at night, evidently.

if you tell me there's no embellishment in this "reality" TV show i won't believe you.

and for what it's worth, Juicy has to go live with an Amish-like family on a farm in Michigan.

2. Bigjuicy31

Bigjuicy31 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came across this post in a search... which prompted me to respond!
    Im flattered my episode of "Wife Swap" got so much attention, for you to go online and post your thoughts.
    Not sure Ive ever heard anyone use the term "egghead" to describe my husband, but for what its worth you ARE just someone on the internet.

Im confused as to what embellishment you are talking about.

I cannot speak for the other family, but yes, my nickname is Big Juicy, and I am an "over the hill party girl" and Princess has been going by the name for many years before we met.

Is my son that bratty? not usually. Do I go out alot, depends.
    I dont serve microwave food as often as it seemed.

I also did not choose where I went. They dont tell you where you are going or what the people would be like. If I had a choice, going to a Bible Beating Bigoted family would have been my last choice. In fact I thought the FARM would have been too easy.
    I imagined I would go to a redneck, or someone who had an active physical lifestyle.
    Not sure if you enjoyed the episode, or not-But Im very happy you watched it.
    You were part of the 5.1 viewers bringing it back from last season up 42%

If you are curious about reality TV in general, the answer is YES I think most shows are embellished, but WS wasnt. They look for very over the top familys. They dont tell you what to saw. They just set the stage and tell you what to bring up then its all on you.
    Hope that answers your question!
    :) Marissa AKA Big Juicy!!!!!!!!!:beer:

3. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, cool! Welcome to the board Big Juicy!

4. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i didn't watch much of this show. most everything that falls under the category of "reality tv" doesn't warrant my time. i watched less than 15 minutes of it. i had no intention of watching it, but the vegas angle sucked me in. after 10 minutes or so i couldn't stomach it.

i took all of 120 seconds to post my thoughts because there are hundreds of users of this forum, and although the minority frequents the vegas club scene, from what i can tell, i thought there was a chance somebody had come across "big juicy."

5. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife Swap and every other "reality" shows is either mostly or fully scripted. They are not reality shows. Every moment in every show has, including WS, is purposely tailored so the vast majority of the viewing public is unaware of the deceiving nature these shows put forward. The viewers of these shows should be ashamed at glorifying people like yourself who only do this to gather 15 minutes of fame. Congrats on Wife Swap........hopefully we'll never see and hear from you again.

6. Bigjuicy31

Bigjuicy31 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont be mad at me ...be mad at Kim Kardashian and the rest of these morons who arent entertaining or funny... that are making millions.
    It was a job, I was paid, and I represented myself well. No regrets, and I ended up getting contracted for a series!
    I made the right decision.
    Maybe instead of sitting down watching sports and playing on the internet on a site nobody cares about you can get into some physical actuvity, to burn off some steam.
    No reason for you people to be so hostile.
    You can have your little site back-its not my thing!
    BJ
    :)

7. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I have to admit that I'm fascinated by reality shows in the US. They are good entertainment. However, they are now exporting these shows all across Asia, and I can see some definite misconceptions about Americans being formed from these shows.

I just watched Millionaire Matchmaker in Taipei the other night...

8. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm mad at Kim Kartrashian and the whole trashy family, the Boo Boos, the Real World, the Bachelor....ette, the rich whores of anywhere in the US, etc.,etc.
    Yes, you were paid, that means it was scripted, and that's why i'm mad. It doesn't matter whether you get paid millions of dollars or a few hundred, it's all the same. When i watch sports, it's not a scripted reality show. When Kobe got hurt and is out for the year, it wasn't part of a script. And no, i'm not being hostile.........i'm just stating the facts that "Wife Swap", in your case, is a blatant lie, and hopefully people, if they decide to wake up, will put reality shows in the trash can for good.
    All these channels like MTV, Discovery, TLC, etc. used to be worth something at one time, now it's an endless parade of people exploiting themselves, their partners, their children, their job, etc, for a quick buck. That's why i'm mad.

9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like this thread didnt quite turn out like op planned.

Glad to meet you big juicy.

I love reality tv shows and that just about the only thing I watch. That and documentaries.

I realize there has to be some help from the writers, otherwise the show would be just people sitting online or watching tv all day. Not too entertaining.

I can only imagine that if they named it something other then "reality" then people would not be so uptight about them.

These are the same people who always says wrestling is fake without appreciating the entertainment value of it.

I did not see this episode but will look for it.

Nice to meet you.

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EVERYONE KEEP CIVIL. BigJuicy is to be treated with the same respect as any other member that posts on the board.

11. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watched the train wreck, sucked in by the Vegas angle as well, not as bad as the one with the former politician and his wife episode but overall just another example how far TV has fallen in quality. Gotta say it was funny as hell though watching her attempt to be a farm girl and failing so miserably but did find it very cool how she took to the girls in the family. Honestly it looked like both familys in the episode got and hopefully kept some good from the episode.

Cosmo Christmas
  12. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought this thread was going to be about a new chewing gum??

13. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your anger is completely misguided. Are you saying that you wouldn't accept thousands or millions of dollars to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING??? Then you need your head checked. As far as the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, Jersey Shore and all the rest....MORE POWER TO THEM. They have parlayed no discernible talent into large sums of money. The ONLY group that deserves ANY blame for this entire reality show travesty is the sad, embarrassing, ignorant, superficial joke known as the American public. Without them, all the reality stars cease to exist.

14. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't have any particular plan for this thread, I simply noted the appearance of "Big Juicy" on a contrived "reality TV" show because I figured somebody here might know of this woman, given her and the manny are regulars on the Vegas club scene, allegedly.

And I have come to accept that most any thread on most any forum will stray from the original topic, or feature weak attempts at humor. I'm guilty of both, too.

I think it has long been accepted that the term "reality TV" is a terrible name for documentation of contrived situations featuring both celebrities and non-celebrities. There needs to be a better name to categorize such programs, but just as a rose by any other name... garbage is garbage. Thankfully beauty is still in the eye of the beholder.

For as good as it is, I often wondered how much of what we saw in three-plus hours of "Hoop Dreams" was influenced by the presence of the camera. Over time you forget that about the cameras, and at moments you'll react instinctively regardless of whether or not there's a camera around, but being documented on camera is going to skew reality, and reality TV ain't gonna exist without over-the-top people feeding producers an exaggerated version of themselves. Turn a camera on me and I won't say and do things I might otherwise find myself doing.

I'm with you, grosx2, if people didn't eat it up, it wouldn't exist. I'm guilty of having watched episodes of Deadliest Catch in the past, thanks to syndication, (I haven't had cable TV in years.) so I'm part of the problem. Too much airtime to fill these days and smaller audiences because of it makes faux-reality a low-cost alternative that gives us programs like Wife Swap and Supernanny.

I know the good-old days weren't as great as I'd like to remember, but when it comes to television programming, I'll take the 1980s' sensibility over today's televised buffet.

None of this matters, I AM "just someone on the internet."

15. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like another VMB member is trolling us pretty hard here by making a fake account with the name BigJuicy as the name

16. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't trust, unconditionally, that when somebody claims to be a public figure online that they are. Whether the initial response was really from "Big Juicy" or her doppelganger, "Big Jerry," I didn't care. I responded to note that I didn't invest an hour in a televised cultural exchange problem.

If I were to wager $5, I'd wager that the response did come from Juicy, not Jerry. Kim Kardashian isn't going to respond to comments about her on our forum, but Juicy is not a celebrity. (Wannabe celebrity? Probably, but I digress.)

I didn't get a sense Juicy is employed, so arguably she'd have time to seek out comments about her on the intertube. Did Jerry really wait several weeks after the show aired to perpetrate a hoax? Possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Juicy seemed to take offense to one comment on our forum before dismissing our forum outright. (Although she made it clear that my classifying her husband as an egghead is irrelevant since I am "just someone on the internet.") A troll would feed off of that kind of response, not write off the forum.

Regardless if it was you, Juicy or Jerry, I never expected to write this much in relation to a non-celebrity.

17. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope this thread doesn't get nuked. It's rather entertaining.

18. Bigjuicy31

Bigjuicy31 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you.. but seriously its fine.
    Im no fan of Kim Kardashian... TRUST ME...and that family really sold thier souls...
    Im not really supposed to talk about it, but Ill tell you what it was like for me...
    when I auditioned for the show, you send in a video... then they call you and get the criteria. ou start to "graduate" in the fom of videos and interviews...
    when they do the conference call, they record it.
    basically they take hours of interviews. then THEY write the "household manual"
    they have a part of the crew which is one person who acts like a stenographer. they sit at a desk off in the distance and they watch a monitor and type everything you are saying and what is happening. That info gets sent to LA.. thats how the story gets formed.
    "Staged" yes, they tell you where to stand and what you will talk about. The shady part is they will bring something up and quote you on something you said like "you said you dont approve of this" Thats when they just put you on the spot then the conversation is all on you and the people there.
    I cant speak for the Kardashians, but they cant tell you what to say.. in fact I remember my producer saying "now remember, choose your words wisely, you own these words forever"
    from what I remember the oddest thing was being "babysat" the last thing the producers want is for the cast to get too close"
    then theres EDITING... My words werent cut up, or anything-but they cut alot of it out.
    I had a REALLY diffent type of experience... I wasnt being followed around with my own family or friends where it got boring, I was in a lunatic womans home... with her husband who was like really cold and her children were brainwashed.
    I dont drink, but I love to get dressed up and go out. I had surgery last year and went berzerk for a few months and thats when they cast me. If you dont have a crazy situation going on at home they wont cast you. They pay $10K a week. They pay travel and everything...and its a really emotional for the familys..sucks in my case cause I really loved her kids.
    They didnt have a shower. I was dying, and it was sad to see the kids go without..but nothing prepared me for the Round Table. I was confused and dumbfounded by how angry the other mother was.
    They use what you give them, if you show them you are a ******bag, they will use it.
    Anyone who comes to Las Vegas and whips out thier Bible, I mean thats just ridiculous! Im glad its over.. made me look like I spend no time with my husband and son and at the time I didnt, but it certainly changed when I got home.
    :beer:

19. Bigjuicy31

Bigjuicy31 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In response to the angry person who just wants to throw darts at me...
    Ive been in a couple shows and Im in contract now.
    I do not work. I havent worked in 10 yrs and yes I do have the time to look. And its been a month...
    no it doesnt matter what one negative person says, Im just bewildered that you would go this much out of your way to talk so much about it of you didnt watch it... makes no sense...
    why you would call us names etc...
    You keep saying Im not important and you didnt watch it-but you are lying about it and whats the point. It was a GREAT episode, and its highest rated this season. You loved it-be honest.

who the hell is Jerry?

20. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell us what it was like with the amish family, why was the guy a lunatic? What did they think of you? Did they ask about the outside world?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.