1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Big Front Seat" on Spirit?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by garyho222, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyho222

garyho222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone actually used the "Big Front Seat" on spirit?

2. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pondered that question and found a YouTube video and many photos of the seats. They appear to be the very same seats that most airlines have as first class, minus the free food and drinks that you pay hundreds more per ticket for. I upgraded to a big front seat for my flight next weekend headed to vegas. Cost me $55 but if it is comparable to first class then I will have saved myself $300+ over a normal first class seat, and still saving over what southwest wanted for tickets.

3. garyho222

garyho222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please check back in after you've flown. I would love to hear a review.

4. Skittles8450

Skittles8450 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We upgraded to the big front seats on our flight from Las- Phl last year. Only flew them home so it was not to bad

5. Skittles8450

Skittles8450 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit post to soon....we are flying spirit again in nov bwi-las with upgrade to the front seats. I am waiting on SW to release nov. dates before I book return flight. We had no problem with Spirit but we do not travel by plane much so can only compare to out flight on US PHL- LAS last year. Pricewise and seatwise Spirit won.

6. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One way pricing is one other nice thing about Spirit that I have seen so far. Instead of offering you a discount for round trip and making you pay more for one way travel, they just make you pay for each leg of the trip. So you can book one way and not the other and not pay a penalty by doing so.

7. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flown on the big seat on spirit before. Well worth it. The "normal" seats are cramped with minimal cushion.

8. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plenty of leg and hip room, plus unlike the other seats on Spirit Airlines they recline. As a matter of fact I always want the big seat to be available for me so it's not worth it to cramped and not enough leg room. :)

9. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worth it if you're tall, large, or have to fly for more than 2 hours.

10. garyho222

garyho222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check, check, and check Mrs. K. Thanks for the help everyone!

11. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew spirit Philly to LAS and paid $20 for an exit row window seat. The big seats were already sold out. The exit row had much more legroom, but the seats themselves were the regular, non reclining. At the 4 hour mark, my glutes were getting sore, and I was squirming around trying to get comfortable. I think my round trip fare was around $235 including the seat and one checked bag, at least $150 savings.

12. srudude87

srudude87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always do the luck of the draw, but one time I did draw a front seat for a flight to Vegas through Dallas last February. I thought to myself "this is too good to be true. something bad has to happen. Sure enough the plane got iced up and had to delay takeoff. I'd miss my connecting flight so I had to cancel. In the 60 minutes I sat in one I thought they were alright. Just like any other first class seat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.