1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beware of IOS 9.1

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by oghuman, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an iPhone 6, iPad with Retina display and a mini iPad , a couple of old iPods, in addition to MacBook from 2009 with OS X10.6.8. I like them all. Pretty simple right out of the box.

When IOS 9.0 came out as a former software guy I waited until a couple weeks after 9.01 came out before I upgraded my iPhone and iPads. I ha n o problems with 9.02
    and didn’t 9.1. Little did I know that after I installed 9.1 iTunes needed a higher version than my 11.4 version. So it asked me to upgrade my iTunes if I want to sync or backup. Guess what the newer version of iTunes does not run with 10.6.8.

Now I can’t restore back to 9.02 because ITunes won’t up to do a restore. I’ve been thinking about upgrading my MacBook in Vegas , but now I have to if I want to sync or back-up.
    It sure would have been nice to have some kind of warning message saying that before I installed 9.1. I moved over to a Mac after so many problems with security on the Microsoft PC platform and never looked back. Now Apple screws its good customers too.

2. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    El Capitan 10.11.1 & iOS 9.1 here
    Only problem I'm having is my Battery is draining even with WiFi Assist off.

3. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MINE TOO! I have to charge 3 times per day! Irritating!

4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just now downloaded it onto 4s and I am now stuck with features (My News, Yelp, Wallet, etc.) that I don't want, don't need and can't be deleted.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even the PC version of the new iTunes is buggy. Tried accessing the Apple store and it kept crashing.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    double check some settings. Mine seemed to default to loading lots to icloud which take juice. I turned it off.

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fiddled with that this afternoon. I downloaded 4 songs and I had to enter my password 3 times for each one. Maybe it's a feature. If so, it's a PITA.

Maybe they will borrow a page from Microsoft and send out updates to fix the updates.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It had updated three times in two weeks before I tried using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.