1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beware of holiday scams and we got a new car

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 for 1 post. Holiday phone scams in full force so alert seniors especially the vunerable ones.
    Leased a 2015 Fusion, Mrs. loves it. Sold her 01 Sable on Craigs List ,first for me, Loved the first idiot who called,wasted an hour of my time driving all around and practically taking the car apart only to offer me $500 under trade value.
    AC sunday night. Free room at Harrahs.

2. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a new phone scammer call yesterday, this time the guy said he was an investigator and was seeing why the large check I was sent wasn't cashed. I immediately said no, i cashed it, have the money, it's great. He said, no , he has has another check that has not been cashed, I said I win so many prizes it's hard to keep track of them all. He wanted my banking info so he could put it directly in my account(nice guy ) Then he said it was from megamillions, I said no I had cashed that one for sure.

Finally he said " sir you are lying to me", I laughed and said" it takes one to know one, huh?" and hung up. He had a foreign accent by the way, hard to believe anyone falls for this crap.

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CVS calls me all the time to tell me my prescriptions are ready, even though I told them to stop doing it.

JG - Good luck with the new ride.

4. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea...the senior scams are just outrageous

a) Waiting to verify my credit card number before they "ship" my medical order
    b) The radiology clinic is waiting for their payment---they recite numbers and amonts as if it is a real bill, but I need to call to see if the doctor will take mycredit card.
    c) and of course the guy who will help me fix my computer
    c)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.