1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beware of Budget Rent a car

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by freddywill, Aug 30, 2016.

1. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Jun 5, 2013
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would advice anyone who rents from Budget to double check on your receipt and make sure they email you a copy also. I had returned my prepaid car to them on time and the attendant said everything was good and no extra charges, when I got back home I checked my charge card to find out that I had been charged an extra 37.43. I looked on my receipt and couldn't find anything different on there. So I called them and asked what the extra charge was for and the lady looked and said that there was a few additional fees and taxes. Why would that be when I paid in full? She said I'll take care of it and did. If I didn't check I would never have known. So I would make sure that you check your credit card statement to make sure that they don't try to rip you off.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KrazyKat

KrazyKat Tourist

Jul 30, 2016
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice/warning. I have a pre-paid with Budget this coming weekend and will be sure to check my cc statement.
  3. justdeb

justdeb Low-Roller

Aug 25, 2012
    Here where i am
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    i always rent through budget and prepay everytime. Haven't ever had an issue, but i'll be sure to keep an eye out. My next rental is in Nov for Vegas.
    Part Deux
    It's all about me...again
  4. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Apr 20, 2002
    Car rental places are notorious for tacking on extra fees and hoping the consumer doesn't detect. Bastards, all of them.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Oct 5, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is why you go over your receipt and go over everything. Actually I just check my reservation, if I'm billed something $$ different than when I made the reservation I will check my receipt with a fine toothed comb before I leave the lot with the rental. Many times I have caught some bogus charges added and I usually will ask them to remove the charge before I accept the car. But as others have said, this isn't just Budget, it occurs with just about all the rental agencies.

In the beginning when I first started renting I accepted these charges, assuming that they were requirements but I learned that they are just bogus charges so now I don't put up with these bogus charges anymore. I also will go to my cc company to back out the charges. I did that once and the rental agency didn't argue with the back out. You shouldn't have to pay for things you didn't want.
  6. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Mar 1, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sticking up for Budget, but I rent from them the most, with least amount of probs.

I've even seen a line of cars to Return at Budget in LAS. Instead of Waiting for Return attendant, I just collected my things,

left keys on dashboard and walked to shuttle to airport.

While waiting at McCarran, I got the Budget rental return email. No issue. Easy peasy.

But yeah, good advice to always check.

PS, I NEVER prepay. Stuff CAN happen & often does. Like to keep my options open.
    • Agree Agree x 1