1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Betting on horses

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by dalej42, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalej42

dalej42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know how to bet at a track. Many tracks have a machine where I can place my bets without waiting in line for a cashier. Do any race books have a similar system? I'm going to assume it is easy to get a Daily Racing Form or local track programs for free or very low cost.

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's very easy. Although a lot of the sports books play more sports than they used to, all still prefer horse bettors and are set up to accomodate them.

3. jfn111

jfn111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Sports Book in the Plaza has ( last time I was there) a betting machine. I also prefer thyem but this is the only book I have found one in so far.

4. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some race books have betting right from your seat. You set up an account first. Self service machines are being added to many of the books.
    When you bet through a teller, always say the track name, amount of bet, type of bet next and numbers last.

They also have the cards that you can fill out and hand to the teller.

Best of luck to you.

5. Rhinestone Cowboy

Rhinestone Cowboy Low-Roller

Any guesses at how drink tickets will work when the automated machines/at seat wagering are in place?

6. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most books will give you the Daily Racing Form for free if you're staying there - just show your room key. Downtown, I think the Plaza is the only place with a betting machine. They only had 1 last time I was there and it didn't work very well.

I believe the Mirage has portable terminals for horse bettors. It's a real nice room, clean. I just don't get down there often.

As for drink tickets, my experience has been you'll get them if you ask regardless of bet size. But I usually play in smaller sports books. And if you occasionally make a $2 bet for the teller, you'll get plenty of drink tickets. :beer:

7. bsnm

bsnm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cantor books have the screens where you bet right from your seat. You need to make an account with them first.

I have not tried this yet but the Cantor books are quite nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.